Sunday, December 21, 2014



Received a gift a few weeks back, a great box of Scottie biscuits!  The tin, and the biscuits therein!  Only opened them last evening, didn't realise the buscuits were doggy shaped, how cute are they!!!
And now, of course, also I will have to keep the tin!!! Another 'keeper'... Was thinking yesterday I will have to get rid of my post card collection... why do I have them? why do I keep them? I never look through them after all...  Mmmmm strands of Christmas blues coming through.... I have been fighting them off, because this Christmas we have a baby due!  Barry and Heidi's baby girl!  I must get rid of my Christmas low once and for all this year, just hard, after so many years of feeling this strange loss of something at this time of the year...

....and here below, already in a store down the road a way... Cadbury's Creme Eggs already!! What the heck is going on, at least give us the travel adverts, the sales all over the place adverts... and then, second week into January let the mad crazy [Easter]Egg race begin!!

Couldn't believe it when I came across them!!  Had to snap up the Kodak moment to share!



In Cardiff last week I noticed a girl bending down to peer at a post in the street!  Unsure of her sanity or health!  I looked at where she had looked, in so doing giving the same impression to others of that I am in no doubt! And there... as you see below it said 'Look inside'.... so I did, I had to!  And no I didn't get a black rimmed eye, no trick involved... but a brilliant small still life....


There!  Ladders, people! Ha! Who would have though it eh... and more in the street, next time, more small life in posts, I will post here!



Did have a very yummy doughnut though, Krispy Kreme doughnuts no less... and just looking at this link... I see they deliver on line!! Are they joking!!! Okay, this will quieten down my Christmas gloom, or at least give me so many calories I won't be able to run from it, and thereby face it at last head on...

OMG a doughnut tower... that, of course I realise could not be for one person... however much an addict one could be of Krispy Kreme... although... I don't know, maybe give it a go eh!?!



TTFN
Marian

2 comments:

Veronica Roth said...

You know, one's supposed to love those KK doughnuts but I must admit to stopping specially at one of those stores near Seattle Washington to try the darn doughnut and I didn't like it either. Not one bit! What's that all about? I figure we both have sophisticated taste...lol. Love that tiny universe view. Some time around town I come across old cigarette vending machines which are filled with small poetry, sketches and micro fiction. I could spend $10 there in a minute! I love that idea. :D The scottie cookies and biscuit box is fantastic!! I have an old one from Starbucks that I bake biscotti for just so I can stash the cookies in there...lol. Oh, and post cards I stock into an old atlas between the appropriate pages and shelve them into the book shelves. They don't do anyone any harm there and sometimes I remember them and look at them all. Anyway, Christmas blues will probably pass as soon as the first daffodil opens. What the hell...go buy some and make your own spring! :D Biggest hugs. X

Ultreya said...

That's a great idea about the post cards! I've got a really old Readers Digest atlas, so out of date, counties, countries... Whole continents have changed their names! I could place them in there maybe... Will see if they fit though! Lol I'm going to take my lovely tin to my home in Spain, by the time we get to go back permanently I shall have all my best buts there! Jump on the plane and no packing cases!! My Christmas gloom has lifted, my sons baby born on January 2nd... And I have fallen in love with the little angel... Unconditionally! Thank you Veronica, take care amiga, hugs, mxx