Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Ketchup




lots to do today... catch up!

saturday, sunday, monday, and tuesday! well saturday, just up to town during the day to meet with friends, after franco came home in the evening we went down to el corte tienda down on the coast, we did go down for a new juicer, but came home with a new phone for me, my old one was broken, no really, it kept switching off all the time, and franco got a new steamer!

sunday to the market at la trocha, half empty, always like that in summer, people have more things to do than wander round a market, whereas in the winter its good to have some place to go, and this one is out of the cold and rain which is good, thats if its still there this winter coming of course! it was the grand prix in the afternoon and i think we just pottered about the house...

monday.... my birthday.... yeha! and i worked... how bizarre, never actually gone out of my way not to work on my birthday ever before, although i had quite often in the past, back in england, planned holidays around my birthday so i wasnt at work that week anyway! but this year not only was i not on hols, but the only day i do work was my birthday! still it was a very good day, bit better than last week, so i wasnt so achy afterwards, its standing that dose me in, and after we all went to the bar for a drink, well i had coffee! and i got home about 330 i think! the rest of day was just usual really... but a good day with cards through the post and lots of texts and emails... missed my boys, heard from them but would have been better to have been with them, which again made me wish all those years back of being away on hols i had stayed at home to share with them instead, well whats gone is gone and its only me who feels this loss.

tuesday! yesterday my friends grand daughter went back home, so i did the airport run with them, left home at 830am and got home at 230! long day, four buses and lots of standing around! but i wouldnt have missed it, she is such a lovely little girl a real credit to her family, she didnt really want to go either and was sad...

now todays quote is from a movie, one of my favorites, although not on my list, i forgot to add it when i did my profile thingy, but 'the english patient' is so special, its not everyones cup of tea! on reading a friends profile i saw it there and wanted to write this from it...

how long is a day in the dark, or a week - when we die, we die! we die rich with lovers and tribes, tastes we have swallowed, bodies we have entered and swam up like rivers, fears we have hidden in, like this wretched cave.....

TTFN
Marian



1 comment:

Desert Dreamer said...

Hmm...This is really interesting. I have to get a photo of my 3 companions up for you as well, my dogs. Thank you for coming over and reading my blog. I was beginning to think I would never have anyone look at it! LOL
Yes, we DO have a lot in common!