Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Like a wild horse running free
With the wind in my face 
And the storm at my heels

Its not quite 7am yet, feeling a little tired, had one helluva Saturday with many many phone conversations, in which I sent around and around the system until eventually getting an ambulance, three hours after my first call... a long journey to the hospital, arriving at 3pm, went straight into a booth, got seen in time, got into a ward at 6pm for either going to a bed ward or home, at 7:30 an ambulance crew came to take us, but we needed assistance to wheelchair, by way of a turner machine, there wasn't one actually in the room so they... left! We were abandoned! And had another crew take us at 10pm, we had to go via another hospital further away than that one! And the driver used a satnav to negotiate the drive, we ended up on some moor? Drove over cattle grids? and had to reverse at one point!  That day I went through many towns I have only ever heard of, and we got back just after midnight... So yes, yet again, one helluva day! The music in the ambulance on the way back, a journey of 2 hours... was love songs from the 70's and 80's... to be honest I didn't know weather to laugh, cry, or just get hysterical!! So I kind of sung along and let tears fall in the dark when I just couldn't take any more...

Last night I dreamt of my mom, I know I dreamed of her before in the last eight years, nearly, since she died... but last nights dream was long, and now in retrospect how I wish I could have lucid dreams... So much I want, need, to talk to her about, so very much... I could I have spent so long, in a dream which felt like it went on for hours, with many conversations between us, so long without anything I that would like like to say... I know our dreams feel like hours and are in fact nano seconds... but in that dream I had some time with my mom...

And today we should be waking up to a frost, not seen one since I arrived here, only mild weather, sometimes rainy or drizzly, but mild non the less, no ice or frost, double figures too much of the time! Supposed to have been 0 or -1 last night, time will tell when I draw back those curtains later on the world here in the Mendips! I can hear the birds chirping their morning chorus already!

Overall, it is a very good placement, able to talk and watch TV with the customer, have incoming care also, so I am having some more interaction, which is always the hard thing when working solo.



No comments: