Monday, July 27, 2026


Phew! Nearly caught up now I have actually spoken into my phone for all of these blogs since I began about my Liverpool trip, 

My telephone refuses to listen to any other language but Spanish, so beneath it just keeps on saying escuchando, for listening. I am speaking English by the way! Smiling.. 

Sometimes it even thinks I'm speaking German! 
Probably because of the Duolingo I do!


These few photographs are from the Billy Joel exhibition upstairs above the Everybody Loves Raymond exhibition which is travelling around the country, so we were lucky to catch it! 



Over the weekend we went to the Bayside Clam Bar & Grill... One of my favorite places...

I realized when we were there this time why... It's home to me, it is like back home, the atmosphere, the music, it's upbeat.. it's back home on a weekend, from there I feel I could drive home back to my little house in Alhaurín.. 

Although by the beach here are deer and wild Turkeys! Not the wild boar of the Costa del Sol! 


Monday morning we headed upstate to visit with cousins.. another beautiful day with family..

Few hours at home with cousins, then we met up with more at an Italian restaurant.. Good food, and so much! Phew!! 

It took two hours to get there, we passed by my favorite uncles place .. my only uncle! Many many happy times spent there over the years...

Also passed by Mount Vernon where I got my first tattoo at Bih Jo's tattoo empire ... And Mount Disco, where mom the boys and I stayed for a few nights.. And here is me in the driver's seat!! 


And an hour back to my aunt's.. very good day ... I am grateful as always to everybody who does so much when I visit... So so much... 


I guess I have found the chip on my shoulder.. Do we all have one? Something we carry that's been a 'thing' all our lives? 

Well folks! Found mine! It's the why was I taken away from my family, why couldn't I have grown up nearer them, knowing them from being a kid... It's the lost years... 

We can't get them back, but it is why I keep coming back here,.back home.. Can't make up for time missed... But by all there is I hope I can always make it back here, my homeland, my birth land.. my family.. 

I guess it will get more difficult one day ... That'll be a sad day .. but I know I'll not know it's been the last visit... Because we never do...


And of course, I wouldn't have missed how my life has been either .. I am very very lucky, with my beautiful family and my wonderful best forever friends I could never ask for more.. they're the best.

Added here today, as of posting.. I actually thought this had been posted.. I have been bad again! Severely lacking in Blogger standards! 

M.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.
Joseph Campbell - 1904-1987 - Philosopher


No comments: