Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Southwell Minster photography from Saturday. 

A beautiful cathedral, absolutely stunning architecture. And of course with this wonderful summer we're having, apart from straw like grass, and plants looking a little worse for wear..

The gardens and park land around was beautiful also..


Inside an exhibition is now coming to a close, it is called Helios, by Luke Jerram 


Reading this this morning he has created some amazing sculptures.. The moon in France looks absolutely stunning.. his Festival Les Tombées de la Nuit, that I would have loved to see! I am a moon girl after all..


This sun, of course was amazing also! It was incredible, actually!

Sorry, change of subject now, completely, well, you know me well enough by now.. how long have I been Blogging? Twenty four years! That's crazy! This couldn't be written in a book, could never be condensed, I cannot be condensed either! Nor should any of us!

So... A memory came up, as they do now on our phones, whatever did we do to remember our lives before technology decided it could do it for us! I say, not without a hint of sarcasm! 

.. sorry digressed already, it was my birthday 2010, the first since my mom had died.

Franco and I went to my happy place up near El Chorro, homemade picnic, music.. a distraction from thoughts in my head.

That was sixteen years ago, seven years later my birthday would be one without Franco also.. Just seven years.

If we knew then, up on that ridge, that magical place I love to go, if we knew then what I know now... 

Do we want to know? How could anything help, I guess there is the obvious detection of something going wrong in our bodies, of course.. but we can't live like that, continually investigating, looking for what's going on, what could be wrong.. go looking..

And although early findings and diagnosis is way way better than not .. 

What health service could do it.. system overload now, never mind a population of apparently healthy people coming by for full body scans on a yearly basis.. lols my spell check chose the word wealthy for healthy originally just now.. That of course would be the answer.. 

M.

Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different...

C.S. Lewis - 1898-1963 - Writer


No comments: