Monday, September 23, 2019

Chips at Casa Flores

Didn't get news of another placement until the day I got home 🤨

So not happy about wasted flights trains and sundries! Probably added up to about two hundred and fifty pounds and nothing to show for it.

But, back home I am..

Began with the next morning a migraine! But strange, as I have had no significant migraines for about ten years! Had bad headaches, but those days of spending 24/48 hours being sick and feeling like.. whatsit! Have, had.. passed, or so I thought.. but after this one, where I was sick, and the one on my birthday.. bit strange actually.

I took strong meds to try to shorten them, and to an extent stayed inside me long enough to make a difference.. although this one I didn't get up until nearly 3pm...



Anyways.. while I was away in blighty, massive storms thundered their way across Spain, causing havoc and deaths along their path..

In Alhaurín word of hailstones the size of golf balls was certainly true, holes in my patio table showing the size of them!!


Radlet train station.. on my day coming home..

Old style station, so I thought black and white seemed appropriate choice.

Once on the train to Luton some woman was in the phone, from there until Luton Parkway.. mostly she just said "yeah" and hearing "yeah" for the whole journey was beyond irritating!! Especially as we were parked up for fifteen minutes outside Harpenden station due to no empty platform!?!

And on arrival at Luton was a nightmare of a line to catch the coach to the airport! Luckily I had the right ticket and hadn't thrown it away on exiting the station! That would have been funny!!

Two coaches came at once.. never seen anything like it at any station airport, ever!!

At security both my boxes went to the 'other side' OMG!! My stick deodorant which never is a problem..was!

And they tested all my bottles of fluids including my toothpaste! At seven euros a tube I wasn't happy she used a whole days worth!!

And it all had to be sent through again!! What the hell!!!

I also have had a bad cold, went straight down into my lungs and been coughing badly.. I was so worried about having a coughing fit on the plane.. I didn't thankfully, just two actually in the departures area..

Still, cleared the seating around me!

And managed the flight almost until landing when the air pressure got my claggy ears and I had the same thing as I did in March!! Chronic pain, went dead first.. then agony extreme agony, until we came down and the air pressure stabilized in my ears..

I wonder if that caused the migraine? I wonder if the migraines I used to get flying to the states were all caused by that air pressure? I used to quite often get a migraine the day after my arrival? In the old days..

At son's... A golf buggy!? Or just a buggy? In the hedge! No golf club symbol and an electric cable permanently fixed.. so maybe a private one, you know, for people with huge gardens!!

So home now, a week tonight.. cold still coughing, but much better, thankfully, earache still though!

Up the coast this week having some R&R... I've been cycling, not easy after a few weeks not doing so, and earache! I need to get my lungs working better, need to work on that somehow.

TTFN
Marian

No comments: