Thursday, January 06, 2022


Coffee Tuesday morning with las chicas.. and the gift of a heart in mine..
 

There has been very low cloud these last couple of weeks, sometimes here in the village, sometimes sweeping in from sea and laying low over the coastal areas..

So I've either left the clouds for the sun, or found the clouds and left blue skies behind.. 

We've had rain and sun.. warmth 22° and frost on my car! It feels very cold today with wind chill factor!


I opened my box of quality street the other week! Had a mishap at the top of the stairs.. luckily just the sweets that went down the stairs!! 


Since last Friday I've been to urgencia three times with another kidney stone... 

Last trip was yesterday because my temperature is either up in the 36 range.. high for me.. or down in 34 range.. and when it's been that low it comes with a fever and sweats!! Horrible.. I burn up.. So as the hospital doc told me to come back if I have temperature issues.. sign of bad infection, sepsis etc... I went back yesterday, and as my temperature was 35.6 he said I didn't have a problem.. I said it drops to 34.3 or so I get a fever etc.. and he said...no, you need a new thermometer!! Completely ignoring the fever that accompanies the sudden and thankfully temporary low temp.

He even wrote that on my hospital report.. Get new thermometer!! I couldn't believe it! Condescending, demeaning.. 

When I got home I took my temperatures with the two thermometers I have.. the same.. 

Apart from that!

I had a lovely day new year's Day.. despite the pain.  Which I've decided to ignore.. to put to one side of my mind and not look in that direction! 

Went to a good friends.. was so nice.. relaxing, eating.. talking watched a movie.. and three dogs into the bargain..

Two days ago shared a great curry in Coín in Mumtaz.. very nice, in fact the lamb bhuna was just as good last night and last bit today!  Here at home eaten with a wonderful curry chutney a friend gave me before Christmas! The perfect accompaniment! 

And now, after preparing an Italian sauce I've decanted into four sterilised jars.. got the wood burner fired up! No pun intended.. washing washed, terrace swept.. been to town for coffee at 8;30! 

I think now.. I'll pause the great series on Netflix started to watch last night.. Stay Close it's called.. 

I think a nap is coming on!


Just quickly though, before I post this..
I came across this.. maybe 10mm sized beetle last week, after Christmas, before New Year... This is the name of this little chap! Amphimallon Solstitiale seems like he was out at the wrong time of the year?

They have beetle recording in the UK, but can't find anywhere here.. Not that I'm a beetle spotter, but I do seem to notice these things.. 

These lines below are written on a stone, I think near the The Dream sculpture at Saint Helens, Merseyside..

'We make our own pathways, they disappear into serenity and sunlight, for beneath this world lies another, filled with dreams and scattered memories, the footsteps of our fathers.'

I like this.. a lot..

M.




No comments: