Friday, April 21, 2023

You really can't make some stuff up can you! And I've written some stuff!! Apart from novellas, my Blog! But life is more amazing than fiction, more unbelievable, more crazy, more of just everything.. and we should never forget this fact! 

I stand here now outside work and amaze myself for forgetting that I work where I can see the sea.. albeit through the trees opposite, it is still a beautiful view.. 

One I've known now since February 1989.. and lived by for twenty-one years... 

I was just taking a photograph of said views, and when zooming in saw our van from work passing by and our driver craning his neck looking back at me!

The other day, going somewhere on exactly the same day as last year unbeknownst to me until I got home.. and Caleta is not near home, it's almost as far as Nerja, so not a usual trip by any means, infact until last year's visit I had never been there, which is why it's so strange! 

And when talking about my son's car, one similar drove past, when relaying that story yesterday, to a colleague as we drove to the warehouse, another car similar drive past, and it's ..

'It's' I don't know what! Because I started this Blog yesterday morning, the day after the yesterday before! And just stopped there! 


Now I'm sitting on the beach at Luna Mar.. pretending to be a tourist, in my beachwear, and back pack, as pale as a newly arrived tourist!

I had coffee near home first then drove down to La Cala, parked and walked to the little chiringuito where I always go, had a zumo de naranja and planned to walk and sit a while, turnaround and come back without too much of the walking I suppose..


Yet here I sit, where I started sitting twenty-one years ago! It's beautiful still... Different, but beautiful always.

Last time I walked along the boardwalk to Calahonda was with Franco and when we reached the river that divides Rivera from Calipso we had to either walk the beach or walk up to the road..

Now it has met up with what was here.. 

Okay, so now I have to walk back!

And home! Twelve kilometers walk... In flipflops no less! Hadn't actually eaten either, trying the option of first meal is lunch, not breakfast at the moment, just to see if it's helps my stomachache.. not yet! But I'll see, oddly I'm not feeling hungry now when I wake up, like I always used to, I do miss my porridge though..

And of course it meant for today when I got home and ate it was about three, and not eaten since last evening! 

Maybe a little chocolate now to make up for lost energy!

M.



No comments: