Monday, April 22, 2024


So driving down to the coast this morning, (was a few days ago now!) for work, there's the normal ancient vehicle with no brake lights and only showing one rear white light, there's the tractor on a road with a few nice curves, and people overtaking him on the straights, he's driving right up near the ditch so that people can get past then he pulls back over into the middle when he can see that there's no overtaking and cars coming... perfect, then there's a big van in front of me far too close to the tractor, I'm holding back so I can see ahead of the tractor to see what's coming around the bends, and eventually he moves over, 'you can overtake!'  the van goes, I go and one more.. and I'm smiling at the maneuvering and how much I still love driving, how much I will always love driving, and I thought oh right the art of driving it's all about timing and holding back and then I burst into laughter..

Just heard on tv highly intelligent people get bored easily.. and I always say I never get bored! So laughing to myself... 

Am I really stupid? Or just that I have so much I can do all the time that's why I'm never bored! I always put it down to being an only child in the house... So used my imagination a lot, a lot a lot! 

April 22nd 2015, nine years ago and the Caminito del Rey opened its new walk, and we that first week walked it..

No more crossing over than concrete bridge over the deep ravine..

We were talking about the walk this morning and then later came up on my Google memories.. strange that ...

As so often happens.. 

I've got all of my sofabed downstairs now, ready to go in the morning, and Wednesday a bed I shall build, returning the house back to it's original form...

Feels strange now, downstairs in the living room; gone my view of the Guadhalorce Valley, I mean it's still there, of course, just not from where I sit as I write just now..

I've been unusually building this post for days now! Need to post eventually... 

First though, long week last week, four days of work and it felt like it! 

Saturday I rested, by driving down to the coast to have lunch, popped into work and we went to a nearby bar for lunch.. and very nice it was too.. relaxed and happy, then it was Mercadona and home..

Sunday, back down again to the coast for lunch, had a beautiful walk along the beach first with friends and their comedy dog, she's so sweet.. some dogs hearts are always so open and welcoming... And hers is... She caught me immediately with her beautiful cute little face.. 

Then we ate a damn good Sunday lunch at a restaurant in La Cala, then it was home and takeout cheesecake that I couldn't eat in... And shoes full of Cabopino sand.. and a nap!

Fantastic! 

M.

No comments: