Thursday, March 04, 2021

It will be the whole day.. thinking of my mom's last day.. unfortunately I'll be here in the doldrums until this evening.. 

"It's like being caught in a rat run, every year. Reliving the events on the timescale of then.. it's so imprinted in my head.." today being eleven years since my mom died. And now, right now, this next hour the worse of times, or so I thought. Can someone do it twice, risk it twice, to lose someone is to die a little, and then we die ourselves.. we die twice.. or more.

I wrote some of these words this morning to my vecina back home, and decided I need to get writing.. it's been far far too long.. 

And I had my bloggers t-shirt on that day, with mom, and I haven't been able to blog since I got here.. it is about time.. 

I left home, and came to England, landing at Heathrow.. after not using Heathrow for years that's the second time in two months now.

The whole journey was fraught.. what with added security, masks, distancing, entry changes with extra paperwork.. preflight covid-19 test, quarantine when here.. Covid test again.

I had a good relaxing two weeks before starting work.. had the company of a wonderful little dog.. such a beautiful nature.. took till the last night though for her to decide to spend it in with me.. so lovely having a fur-baby close at night.. 

And now here.. Oxfordshire, pretty town, rivers all around.. weather over the past week has been sun and shade.. like our lives..

The days are going past really well, which is good, lady and I get on well.. long and busy days.

Three weeks to go.. 

Feel there should be more to write.

But this is it today.

Photographs taken on my break at a nearby river.

TTFN

Marian


No comments: