Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Still reading the book on trauma.. It's actually called Overcoming Trauma by Allison Smiley.. 

"It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere." Agnes Repplier



I wish I were the type of person who can let traumas pass them by, let the thing happen and not be moved by it.. 

To be able to say, hey, oh well.. that's life.. move on and get over it.. 

I wish I didn't feel every bump in my path, every word or look or broken piece of me.

My mind jumps from one thing I need to do to the next, unable to settle and focus on the one thing, I feel my mind moving onto the other stuff that needs to be done, or even maybe it doesn't.

Right now I have two things to do, one for someone else, important, of course; and one for me which could change the quality of my life. Yet still procrastinating! My middle name!

It's a holiday today here in Spain, Hispanic Day, or National Day, commemorating Christopher Columbus's arrival in the Americas.. 

Yes he did so on behalf of Queen Isobel and King Ferdinand of Spain.. but let us not forget he was Italian! I say sotto voce..

And now, to others things if I can.. maybe some TV time first...

This is when I miss the Pippster.. 

M.




No comments: