Friday, April 03, 2020

Castle Gould
March 8th, we visited here, Castle Gould, and Hempstead House, at the Sands Point Preserve, on Long Island..

Just Googled for more info, mentions paranormal investigation!

Didn't feel anything paranormal there!

Did learn a lot about rockets! Guggenheim family who helped with aeronautical sciences and links with NASA.



We walked around the garden and two of us went down to the beach.. totally ignoring, as others ahead of us.. the Do Not Enter The Beach signs!!


Was beautiful down there, windy though! And we looked for treasure.. as we did so my cousin and I found a coin! I thought it might be a doubloon!

But no, it was a gambling chip!! Treasure nonetheless!


Okay I have a huge amount of time to catch up on!

So there could be errors aplenty trying to type out on my phone..

So early March! New York, family, parties for my aunt's 92nd birthday.. well, 23 leap year birthdays..

The Covid19 virus was beginning.. badly, already in Europe and the UK and New York.

Leaving from JFK I saw many people wearing masks and gloves.. I carried my hand sanitizer, using it all the time!

JFK


My flight to Gatwick went okay.. tiring: sitting at the gate most of the time, I ate, I bought drinks for the flight, paying with a whole load of coins.. then bought a coffee and got change!! 

Everyone already keeping distance from eachother, it was a strange feeling and god forbid an innocent cough!

Once on the plane I just closed my eyes, no movies, nothing, I woke up, drank my drinks, used the toilet.. slept some more, shorter flight of course flying in this direction.. 

Landed at Gatwick feeling shattered.

I'd just had an hour's time change in New York with the clocks going forward an hour, then UK four hours back... 

Landed in good time, used the international security control and back into departures, again.. ate drank ate.. toilets!!  Hand sanitizer!!!

Then boarded again! Saw my case come through in a small trolly with another couple of bags.. from the international section!

Then on landing back home, I at least knew this time to go to a separate isolated baggage collection area.. my case already there.

It was 4pm, I'd been up since 6:30 the previous day, five hour time difference now.. 

Shattered! Friend picked me up and home.. to drop my bags and go to the supermarket.

Only a few days at home then I was back to the UK.. another time change, and now another as the clocks have sprung forward here also!

TTFN
Marian

More tomorrow!! 






No comments: