Friday, July 31, 2020


Above, my newest tattoo... I added this beautiful piece of ink on my break, the day Pippa left this world of ours.. At Woody's in Exhall...


I stayed the night in the Novotel at Birmingham airport.. Was a strange slightly unreal experience.. Masks, distancing.. Everyone looking weary, very surreal.

I was absolutely exhausted, slept, ate, slept...


The hotel Ibis I normally stay in, it was shut, and looking at it in the morning remembering photographs I have taken in reverse..


But me now home and I am happy here again at last, I didn't think I ever would be, or could be.. But I am.


I made a marshmallow pie, very sweet! Bit too much!!!

Bit like dinner this evening, I was planning on making chicken supreme, when that was underway I checked the minced beef I bought yesterday and it looked a bit iffy, so opened it.. Color was weird, but then I thought, I hadn't seen minced beef since ... I think maybe over a year ago!?! But not wishing to risk it or waste it, I made a Bolognese at the same time.

I ate some chicken, wrapped up two more portions of that, and have made up two of the Bolognese.. Three meals in the freezer one in the refrigerator!


And a visit to the garden centre on Monday! Good to be home.. I bought a hardy looking little shrub, the name of which I don't remember, and a Vicks vapour plant!! Who'd have known that! Smells lovely! Both seem like they should manage drought.. We'll see I guess. I can't believe the plants I have, have survived so well, over four months!! Although there has been intermittent rain, and the overnight moisture we get.. It's been enough.

This week, AC ordered for my bedroom.. And a new bed, an ottoman bed, really need the storage this will facilitate. New Spanish SIM card, new special padron ordered.. Ant traps and mosquito pots all in place!

Okay, caught up? Been to the bar for coffee with friends in the mornings, I've been down to La Cala market, and the Coín car boot sale!

I've met with friends for coffee and seen so many people I haven't seen for far too long..

Now I'm caught up?

TTFM
Marian



No comments: