Wednesday, February 07, 2024



Sitting in the hospital waiting area for my 10am appointment for my biopsy results! 

Waited for ages and now wish I wasn't here! Hot wearing a mask again too.. but we have to here, again now. 

In the house I suddenly noticed it was 9:10!! And then panicked to get here .. think I need the heart department not digestive! My hearts banging away far too quickly! 

So yesterday! On our way to work, ready to exit the carretera at Calahonda a truck in front of us suddenly had to break hard, a white car in the outside lane just cut him off to exit! You can see how near to the exit we were, because I was already indicating! Can't believe the trucks quick responses, that would have been an accident we would have had no way of escaping without hitting something, the truck the barriers? So close..

Followed by a normal day, customers throwing money down on the counter and waving credit cards in the air like they are swatting flies..

But lots of fun and laughter too, I'm sure most of our customers think we're a little crazy, and the rest? They don't even see us, evident in the lack of communication, and blank looks.. many mute until they leave and mumble a word or two, bye or thank you, and we realize they're English!

And the drive home, car in front until La Cala, woman talking to her passenger head turned 90 degrees to the right, and turning the steering wheel to the right also while doing so!  Common trait/error .. then she swerved into the outside lane when she saw the police on an adjoining road and nearly crashed into the car already there!

Was bliss to leave the carretera and join the mountain road, light now for the drive home, sun setting on my left, and last night cigar clouds.. submarine clouds and they made me smile again..

Always some bliss waiting for us.

M.




No comments: