Sunday, June 21, 2020


Firstly, happy Father's Day to these two boys of mine!

Where did the years go?

No seriously! Where?

Both my son's have babies now.. my youngest there, Tony, he became a dad on April 1st.

I am so proud of both of them, both amazing human beings..

I wish I could be with them both and their babes right now, today..


I am really enjoying this book still, Four Days with Hemingway's Ghost, by Tom Winton, the story is taking me past places I too know, which means I can travel with it even more than I usually do with a book, always visualizing what I'm reading, this brings the reality in..

This paragraph is good, and something for all of us..

'He told me that no matter how great one's fears are, it does absolutely no good to worry about them because if things turn out for the worst, nothing can change that.  All the fretting in the world wouldn't help me.  And, on the other hand, if things did work out well, I would be a dammed fool to have made myself miserable for no reason.'

Although in retrospect, nothing will stop us worrying about the big stuff.. I know this.

There are a few things I wish I had brought with me in March for my two weeks placement, that's turned into over four months without.. My camera, my VR and maybe my laptop... Mm no scrub the latter.. it's just writing on here is hard work sometimes! Lols

I get notifications for songs.. they pop up here and now, now and again, this one below came up yesterday, it's just beautiful..

John Rose ~ Wait for Me...

It's Sunday now as I write, bit gloomy out, been like this over the last few days, but each day the sun has made its way out, and been able to get out for a drive each day.. which is good for the person I support and myself. Different scenery, and chatting the whole time.

I also had a break yesterday, walked up the road for twenty minutes, turned around and walked back!

No disrespect meant for where I am, and I'm unfamiliar with the area and don't have a clue of what's around me...

But.. miss the swans, and the country walks.. the familiar faces.. lols even miss the tourists!

TTFN
Marian


No comments: