Sunday, February 12, 2017

This road, this hard road...

I start each Blog with a Thank you, to all of you on this journey with us, with me, with Franco...


The park yesterday morning, clouds low over our towns valleys...

Don't often walk down there... In the doggie walking area, it's a mine field of doggie poop! We have new signs up advising people that they're dogs must not walk or do their business on the playground areas... We also now have in the parks signs telling us that 'our pets, our responsibility' and a €300 fine for deposits not picked up! The major problem really though is that a percentage of the dog walkers never pick up, that usually their dogs are off the lead... Or without the owners at all!!  And those little darlings just can't read!!


I know I posted some shots taken when Franco and I visited Málaga for the Christmas Lights... Just wanted to put another shot here, probably the same, although I know one I did put on had someone with their head down and eyes firmly fixed on their mobile phone! What a waste... Look up! Look around! Look at your life, a memory of your mobile phone isn't worth a thing, eyes open in this world...


Above the lesser spotted claw! I see some unusual things on the walks with the Pipster, never a claw before!

This evening, tucked up warm and cosy with our wood burner doing the business! Second day I've lit it now, yesterday I got it cleaned out, prepped and lit, one small piece of paper with a small bit of firelighters inside, I lit that in my hand then dropped into the floor of the burner, added some pine cones and small twigs... a small log and left it a short while, went back to check it had 'taken', then added more wood, log by log... Did the same today! Did some washing and it dried in a couple of hours, in the past we would always have wet washing hanging around for days!

The day before yesterday, we could not light the burner at all!! We have smoke in the house! It was like a fog! All over the house! I went out midday and must have smelt like a bonfire! Stinky!!

Later on we decided I'd go up on the terrace and drop a stone down from the top, see if it came out into the burner... It didn't! So I can now add chimney sweep to my resume! I climbed back up the ladder, tried to tap off the little roof thingy, but couldn't, but the whole of the last bit of tube did move, so I wriggled that off and added piece by piece the poles, minus the brush (it needs trimming, too big for the diameter of our pipe!). Until I felt the obstruction and stabbed at 'it' until the pole moved freely! Whoop whoop! Then very carefully pulled the poles back up, removing them one by one until the last piece! Terrified of losing any of it down the chimney! No way to get them out again!!!

Still this girl did good!

Then Franco lit the fire and we were toasty!


This evening... Still warm and cosy, we were cwutched up, me massaging Francos back where it aches... We were watching a cookery programme, and as the chef added various herbs and spices... I remarked "I don't know what's happened, we haven't got any herbs left! No thyme, no sage, no rosemary, not even any origami!"

Franco immediately said, as I too realised my mistake "oregano!"

I laughed so hard for a moment, then leaning on Francos shoulder still I started crying... silently...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marian,you have to stay strong,Ii know this from experience! Love you ,Chrissie xxxx

Anonymous said...

Love you lots, stay strong, peace and tranquillity to you both. Hugsxx Andy xx