Sunday, June 03, 2018

New York - Day 2

Today, I was up and down early for breakfast, brought it back up to my room, I'd paid for a double room, no price difference than a single but more comfort, also meant I had a double breakfast!! Lol

And after eating, I stashed away the bottles of water and a muffin to eat with me! Camera and waist bag, and back pack!! Lol off I went! Turning right up 7th, all the way.. paused a while in Times Square...



Then, onwards and upwards! Reached Central Park and walked to the area where I scattered mom, it's a bit overgrown there, apart from the two trees where I scattered her about... They are neither overgrown or grown! Or even there anymore!! 

I could not believe it!



What the hell!!?!!

How bizarre is that!! If mom was alive she would be freaking out about this! Off all the tree's these young ones are gone!! Why....

So, I sat on the rock I also left her in.. I sat for a couple of hours and read, actually, one of her favourite books, she read it to me when I was a small child, maybe not the right thing? I don't know, but if fired up my imagination, and kind of links also to all the Egyptian books and stories I also heard..

Oh the book! Lol sorey!
She by H. Rider Haggard


I strolled then back out of the park and headed for Christopher Columbus!



And hence back down 6th Street... To a Burger place I wanted to visit!

All the way down... Down down down... To 19th Street! One helluva way... That day I walked 6.5 miles!!

So.. I reached the place the Burger & Lobster, absolutely wonderful! Great place!



After much time in there, and plenty of coffee to fuel my long walk back, I did!

By way of 5th Street and Madison Square Garden Park, where I sat and either read or people watched in equal measure!

Then I continued down and made my way across back to 7th and the hotel, where I collapsed! Happily!

No comments: