Wednesday, January 09, 2019


I have the worse photographs for my Blog today! Lol I took my camera to Malaga but didn't use it once, standing at the barrier after an hour and half for the cavalcade to begin I was just too cold, and too many people pushing and shoving and I just used my phone... and that's the truth of it!


If only you were actually there! It was so much better in person! Even with the cold... I got to Malaga in good time, caught a bus, checked into my little apartment, studio apartment, was small, very bijou! But all I needed, and in a perfect location.


I had a wander down around the city taking my time and got to a barrier not far from City Hall and start of the parade... and then I waited... From nearly 5pm to about 6:30 when the cavalcade begun, a long time to stand but I was right up front and could not have got any nearer to the action! Although, in retrospect sitting in a chair would have been so much more comfortable, and those people who had booked chairs had the right idea, and waiting for them to take their seats was THE most annoying thing of the whole weekend! Not only were they slow to arrive, they sauntered down the street without a care in world, some arriving within minutes of the parade starting!!!

And so it began! The first were bikes, great big roaring wonderful amazing bikes!!! Terrific!


I saw about ten of the floats, each one, after the bikes, threw sweets into the crowds, me and the lady next to me ducking each time, headed straight for us it seemed! I think I caught some in the hood of my coat! The kids were screaming, and shouting to throw to them, they only threw them whilst moving... the floats I mean.  It was so much fun.



I stayed there until about 7:30, apart from being cold, and getting a bit peeved with being pushed about, my back hurt and my feet! And, I was getting hungry! So turned around to walk away and was confronted by about... phew, I don't know... twenty to thirty rows of people! At least and as the steps behind me rose up so did more rows of people... on the flat I was tripping over pushchairs and bags and who knows what!!


As always c/Larios Christmas lights were amazing, no music of course now; but beautiful to see, they looked like a cathedral... amazing... in the dark above and in the light those windows appeared as stained glass windows...






Sunday morning I walked about the streets first, having coffee.. then I went down to the port... 


And taking more photographs, still only with my phone! Just don't ask, I don't know why I didn't use my camera!

TTFN
Marian



No comments: