Friday, December 13, 2019


Fourth blog today..

And at last I have remembered to write what I wanted to!!

Two things, today my maternal grandparents married.. Their anniversary, one hundred years ago today, in Manhattan.. They had become American citizens already.

I wear my grandmother's engagement ring, it was bought in Tiffany's...

And once I knew the date of their marriage that was when I knew I would celebrate their 100 year anniversary.

That's today!

December 13th 1919-2019

I have been wearing it since my 16th birthday when my mom gave it to me, that was forty four years ago.. 44!

Looks no better numerical does it?

Where did those years go, when did I become me, or you you.. Or are we always 'becoming'?

When we eventually 'become' is that it?

I've been writing, (daily records at work), and I noticed yesterday, my mom's handwriting in my own.

Not all her letters, the M the B.. the R.. and now writing these here I see they're her and my initials.. at times.

TTFN
Marian




No comments: