Thursday, March 05, 2020

Monday March 2nd

The Chrysler Building
I had never actually walked around the base of the Chrysler Building before!


Empire State Building
And coming from the bus stop I found myself right by Macy's! Where we'd stopped when we'd stayed here in Manhattan six years ago...

I paused for a while, visualizing us sat there.. drinking coffee.. I could almost see us, and I was thrown for a moment.. taken back in time.

The Vessel
I walked around to the Vessel.. but couldn't walk straight in, or up? Tried to get the free tickets online but was a two hour wait, so headed off up to Central Park.. I stopped for coffee in McDonald's! Sat upstairs and rested a while.. I walked up 7th.. my old familiar route.. pausing again in Times Square...


Random bee!?! Near the Vessel


This is the code to use to get tickets booked on line, no fees, free tickets! There are machines on site, but this is definitely the way to go ahead of time.

Times Square

Beethoven Statue
The old photo was taken about 1933.. mom in her father's arms.. I wanted to get up close and exactly where my mom and granddad were.. no chance! A fence all the way around now!


Then above the Bethesda Fountain.. apart from now no water, the area wasn't so far away.. mom is like ten foot away from the fountain! Now it looks like miles! Well, you know, not near enough.


I was saddened.. couldn't scatter my mom either, way too many Canadian geese right where I wanted to be! That was a no no for obvious reasons!

Then couldn't get to these two places and take photographs that would be exactly where my mom and grandparents had stepped..

This was on Monday, I bussed into the city, from right around the corner.. I had the change, turned out it was Metro Card only! A lady near the front said don't worry use my Metro Card and give me the cash.. she did, and I did.. I was so thankful, I thanked her so much, and again when she left the bus.. then when I got off the bus I said to the driver that the lady was an angel, he said most of the people on his bus were angels...

TTFN
Marian

No comments: