Wednesday, March 04, 2020

New York trip..


The view again... from the plane from Gatwick to JFK.. heading out in early evening flying into the sunset.. we actually flew into the sunset for most of the journey, never quite reaching it..

Once landed I was through security and baggage reclaim very quickly..

Lots of people wearing masks, and one man wearing latex gloves! Worried about the Corona virus..

And as I write, there are cases now all around New York, and four on the coast down on the Costa del Sol.. as well as the thousands everywhere else!

Not really concerned, yet.. but very aware spending so many hours in departures and mid-flight, have to tighten up even more with hygiene, try to remember to keep my hands away from my face.. no chewing my fingers! Lols I don't chew my nails, but my fingers yes!


My aunt's birthday cake is much better to chew on! Wow! Strawberry shortbread cake! My aunt is a leap year baby, so 23 real birthdays so far!  Crazy! Lots of us celebrated with her.. everyone brought food, it was wonderful, fun games conversation.. laughter... Lots and lots of laughter.. we played a three dice game which was fun.. and also a charades game, using an App on the phone.. that was hilarious! So many phrases that were impossible to explain with parents and grandparents unaware of what some of the phrases even meant! Or just plain embarrassing to say out loud!


We visited a Holocaust museum on Sunday.

It was awful, it was so shocking, I read and absorbed from the writings the photography.. I knew a great deal already, but learnt so much more... It really effected me, I kept seeing the faces in my mind for hours afterwards.



We followed up with filling up in a diner..


With a cool jukebox on the table!


TTFN
Marian

No comments: