Wednesday, October 27, 2021


A journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step.. don't we know that?

But we began our journeys on the day we truly took our first steps.. A parent maybe, probably, watching worriedly.. arms outstretched to catch us if we fell.. support us if we did.. 

Someone there at our first wobbly steps growing each day.. yet also we are still growing, and still taking unsure steps.. maybe only with those who we've lost beside us.. guiding us still.. catching us if we fall. Or making sure we don't.

Day off today, shopped in Las Lagunas, actually wanted a new duvet cover.. all my others are so old now... Donkies years old actually! So popped into Kiabi to buy, but they don't have home wear on the premises and came away without duvet cover... But something else instead! Have an updated card and now ordered the cover for shop pick-up.. cost me twice the amount now though hasn't it!! 

Also popped into Leroy Merlin's.. Christmas was there..


And then after Aldi I popped into Casa Flores.. a favourite spot for nearly twenty years!

I bought some plants... To not only plant them, but maybe root myself better.. 

I don't know.. but I miss regular plants and have had only suculants and catus for past few years.. so bought a rosemary, two thyme for the rock wall, a lavender near the back door and a couple of jasmine for the front planters, try and train them.. again.. this is deja vu.. because tried this before.. Fingers crossed this time!

And talking of fingers...


This plant above is the Hand of Buddha.. 

Explained a little above...  and fully here... Edible, citrus.. and if above it true, probably the very plant I should be eating!

Was nice having coffee in the sun.. and also knew I couldn't do the rest of the stuff I needed to do.. I am so not better yet, that's not true really, I do feel a bit better, but also not... Taking string pain killers is misleading, and taking the edge off the pain, this is day three of antibiotics.. so hopefully soon, I hope, I will actually feel better.. when I got home and unloaded I wanted to walk into town, went down the street, then realised I didn't have a mask on me and went back, and thought maybe I shouldn't be rushing about today.

So now I have rested, eaten, blah blah and going to get out again now, if I can get past the bags of chucking away stuff by the door! Mmm I could put some of that in the car now to dump tomorrow! Sounds like a plan!

M.



No comments: