Saturday, May 04, 2024

May the 4th (be with you)

Should have been lots of photographs..

But! I was trapped in the car park, well, not me just my car.. the rockets had started at 22:00 Sunday evening, repeated again Monday and Tuesday evenings, same time...

Then yesterday full force dozens of them repeatedly, the band, the people, always a huge procession for Día de la Cruz, also yesterday of course, Romería, May 1st, workers day.

It was still going on when I went to sleep last night well gone eleven, and began again this morning at 8:00 I was rescuing my car and moving her to the big car park...

They'll be no parking for me after work tomorrow that's for sure! Or for anyone, car park has to emptied and won't open again until festivities end at 04:00 

Great, just in time for my taxi to collect me! 

And I am also thinking not much sleep for me tomorrow night, even though I need to be asleep as soon as I can, maybe 8pm, is it the fireworks tomorrow! I don't think so, I think that's for the feria at the end of the month! 

I can feel an Airbnb visit approaching next year!??

It's not just us humans who suffer throughout this rocket fire, it's worse for the animals, Pippa used to run and hide in the bathroom from the first giveaway whoosh those things make before the bang... She would shake, be sick... It was awful..

I know the parade's are tradicional, and it's good, so many countries have lost their own traditions, but the rockets? They are to call people to action, to wake people up! But we have alarms now, phones, alarm clocks... 

Still, it's not my country, not my place to complain about centuries old traditions and a huge reason why I love this country.

Well, turned out the fireworks were on last night, still feels like tonight!

It's 5:49, I'm at the departure gate, and had not much sleep at all! 

I managed to park okay, in the big carpark, ten minutes away... Lug my bags down and shower and get to bed about 8pm, had a cup of mint tea for my sore stomach..very very bad! 

I can't eat what I ate again, or at least for a longer time, three months wasn't long enough! 

Felt so sick all day, struggled to eat my lunch.. I made myself eat a bit of porridge this morning as I'd not eaten since then.. 

By nine I'd turned off TV and Kindle, eyes closed a Nothing Much Happens pod cast on and bang! Bang bang bang about twenty rockets from behind the house..

Then I could follow the course of the band by the direction of the music as it paraded around the church and these narrow streets..

More rocket fire again and again ..

I had shut the both bedroom doors to give me a buffer, but not much, and still awake at 11pm..

I think I might have drifted off slightly, then at 12:30!!! Fireworks! 

I'll try and get the video in here but I think the file will be too big, I'll try some screenshot..

But just imagine a firework display, and you are standing ten feet away, beneath the display! That was me, us, who live just here in our street.

It lasted maybe ten minutes, it used to be twenty, so thankful for that .

It ended and I continued to hear the band playing as it moved around.. about half one by now..

Then alarm went off! 03:15! Whoop whoop!

I did what I had to do, and taxi arrived before the rubbish collection at 04:20 en punto! 

Driver, although I've never used his cab before, is a familiar face for all the years I've lived here, when going to Bar Cruz he is always at the taxi rank. He speaks good English and we talked all the way .. poor man!

I had to check a case in, self check in, very easy and fast once I actually got to the machines.. then bag dropped and done! 

Security, it's usual pandemonium, like no one has ever flown before, conveyors blocked by people leaving fluids in! Time and time again, it has been twenty three years!! 

A bottle of face cream IS a fluid!! Unbelievable, so, you can imagine my stress levels right now!

At least, I guess my bag to carry on is just a satchel I use for flying and light..

Now I bid españa a farewell y hasta pronto! 

M.


Funny, this morning I wrote this to end my Blog

'Often what feels like the end is a new beginning'

And today's insight 

Reads..

Don't give up, the beginning is always the hardest.

Unknown

No comments: