Saturday, July 28, 2018



Thursday my meet up with our neighbor from when we lived down at Calahonda... I arrived early, of course! I walked down under the N340 the wide road which used to be so small and was limited to one way at a time! I walked around the raised pathway there; there used to be a track that ran down the [when dry] river bed to the beach.. but now its a usable walk-through, very permanent, which I guess makes it better for the people in the nearby complex, as people used to use their place to walk through to reach the sea!

I walked along the pathway that travels along by the side of the main road, they've cemented alongside the old path, so its wider now, and less gritty!

Passing by the big tall apartment complexes and turned left... I paused on the tile above... where the phone box used to be, from where I used to call my mom.. The booth has been gone eight years already yet still looks so unused compared to the rest of the pathway...


And then headed around towards the beach and the boardwalk... This view is still stunning... as is this one...


I did turn right to get a good luck at the apartment but a man was sitting on the balcony!! And well, I thought I better not take his photograph!! 

So turning around I continued along until the beach bar and came up back to the main road from there... 


The Almond Tree has opened again, did I know that? Have I already mentioned it before? Who knows! I came and went to Calahonda via the back roads, always seems like I'm in some strange new country driving the back way... empty land, few cars... so quiet and peaceful...

No comments: