Monday, July 30, 2018


Friday July 27th, a blood moon... not seen from my terrace, I am thinking it was stuck behind the ayuntamiento as usual! The moon always gets stuck behind there when I want to see it for some special occasion! 


                                     


This morning at 6:30am... the full moon, just.... clear as crystal... beautiful morning, cool breeze... Its definitely cooler this year early on... or we're all losing our memories..? Yes always a possibility!


I decided yesterday I would hit the beach today! I know I am not a beach babe, this could be the one hit of the year! Although I might well go again next Saturday! What the hell eh! It was okay, I pulled up a sunbed about 9am and didn't leave until 14:30!!!! Incredible!!


I read the book that had been in the bag since last summer when I think I went to La Cala beach twice, nothing had been touched in the bag, so was my towel, sun cream and the book! Nice!! Yes the towel is in the wash now!!


 So I finished the book too, its a book I must have owned since the last century!! Even back to the eighties! Its been in boxes and maybe a shed or two! Looks like mice have taken a bite and there has definitely been a wood worm having a go!!

I did leave the beach about 10:30 to go get coffee and a bocadillo... I went for a stroll up the plaza near the entrance to the port... the two roads coming from the direction of the bus station have gone!!! Gone???? There is just one road now... and a very wide pathway on the far side... So now even more parking has been taken away! And really another part of the old Fuengirola has been taken away...

I went into my old place to get my takeout, and the owner wasn't in there, the girls all chatted to me, in far too much English for my liking! Lol... and eventually I enquired about Luiz... he has been running the place for at least 16 years... I feared even he had gone, but no, thankfully...

One piece at a time, brick by brick, memory by memory things get changed, subtle, or sudden... Change, I guess when its us making the changes its okay, for us... but not for others and hardly ever for me.

No comments: