Tuesday, September 21, 2021


So as per the norm.. wake up about 4am these days, same as home, even though I'm in British time.

Thought I'd read one of the many, far too many items I click on, save in a tab, and never get around to reading, it was about memory, about bettering ones memory..

One idea is to ask yourself 'will I remember to do such 'n such.' apparently this uses the hippocampus and can aid memory up to 50%.

And to get memories into our cerebral cortex is to say it out loud! And they say here clever people do this, talk, say things out loud, and this makes the mind hear things differently and therefore, remember them.

The third idea is .. copying this bit..

'Memory consolidation is the process of transforming temporary memories into more stable, long-lasting memories. Even though the process of memory consolidation can be sped up, still: Storing a memory in a lasting way takes time.'

They say to rehearse something for 40 seconds to help with this consolidation.

Well, at now 6am, I hope I remember the above memory ideas..

Spot on 6am the birds have now woken up, the rest of the household sleeps.. 

I'll get back to my book, as the first flight probably out of Stansted passes overhead and my need for coffee kicks in!

The quote below also from above article.

M.


...Because ideas without action aren't really ideas...

They're regrets

Jeff Hayden



No comments: