Wednesday, March 08, 2023

Just heard this quote on TV.. 

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.

Orson Welles 

I searched it and found this following from Reddit, it was written ten years ago so hope it's okay to copy here..

"Like any quote, the interpretation is ultimately up to the reader, I would suggest in this case, Orson was illustrating that ultimately, we are truly alone in this universe, from the moment we are born, to the moment we die. We view and experience the world through our own eyes, and we are only privy to our own thoughts and experiences.

People can share their thoughts and experiences with others, but ultimately, you can only understand them vicariously, through your own eyes, as it were, we can not TRULY understand what its like to live as someone else.

But, through love and friendship, socializing with others, we are capable of creating a momentary illusion that we are not alone, but that is all it is: an illusion, because at the end of the day, you are still stuck within your own mind and see the world through your eyes."

Something to think about just before bedtime! I understand what Orson is saying, but .. 

I don't believe, mmm no I don't feel it's strictly true.. we are not born alone.. we cannot be born without our moms.. not yet thankfully!! 

And I was with my mom and Franco when they passed, they didn't die alone.. Too many people do, I know, time, circumstances, it happens every moment.

But are you ever alone when you have love.. Love from partners, family, friends, our fur-babies.. 

Rich in our lives, histories, memories.. we are so full of our days.. and these things are always with us. Within us.

Nothing to do with understanding what it's like to live as someone else?

Or be stuck in your own mind?

Mmm too much too late in the day me thinks! 

And yesterday's procedure went well, as it could! Quick and over with and out of hospital before I knew it! It's all about stomach ache! Too many antibiotics! Must have taken them every three to four weeks for over a year! More, probably! Because of the kidney stones.. 

It was the first time I'd been in the hospital since I left April 1 2017.. 

Wasn't nice to be there, wasn't nice to be in the same place I'd been there with.. last time when .. well, when. (Sorry that makes no sense, probably, only to me).

M.



No comments: