Monday, March 06, 2023

 


Breathe (In the Air) Pink Floyd 

How???.. How can this be nearly 50 years ago? What happened? Time? Life? Damn.. 

I can almost put myself back into my 13/14 year-old self.. see my bedroom.. my clothes.. hear my mom downstairs and my stepdad ..

The only time travel I can perform.. 

Penny our dog, the garden.. my memories get a little less real around the edges the more I try to move around the thoughts.. like trying to grasp hold of an elusive dream.. 

And maybe I'm trying to hard to think..

Especially today, going back isn't a good thing, but, well I shouldn't say 'but' was going to say they're the only truths we have, but is that actually true? 

Don't our memories fail us.. give us rosier pictures.. 

The future may be totally unknown, the past only what we remember, want to remember or can't forget.

And today, starvation for me, have a delightful procedure at the hospital mañana.. 

No food, just liquids, wonderful chicken broth for breakfast this morning and for lunch, and what the hell! For dinner later probably!

Had a coffee, black, no dairy.. up at the garden centre this morning with my vecina, made my stomach rumble! 

And now, feeling actually a little dizzy, very wobbly.. actually..

But in my pjs watching tv in the living room, woodburner fired up downstairs, all nice and cosy.  Later on the meds to take, to make a thorough job of preparing me for above procedure! 

My darling little Cassie has Scarlet fever.. I did at her age.. near the time the disease was almost eradicated from the UK..

When I had it I was covered in a rash from the fever and the rash blistered.. I can still see the blisters over the palms of my hands.. 

It also caused one of my heart diseases..

Related to strep throat too.. which my mom had as a child.. she had a strange purple blister on her lip from the strep, I grew up seeing it on her mouth, was just normal to me.. but when she was in her 70's she had it removed.. Now that was strange to me, to see her without it, all of my life..

Y ahora ciao amigos..

M.


No comments: