Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Store talk:

Young couple came into the store, he said 'I'll leave you to get the shopping on the list I'm going to go to McDonald's' and when he came back he had the largest bouquet of flowers for her it was so sweet.. the couple were in their 20s, so beautiful to see their love.. 

When it's time to pay I say card or cash, because otherwise we're just waiting to find out what they're going to get out of their wallet, and then the majority of them pay with their card, they just wave it in the air which is very very annoying and rude and I've started thanking people for saying "pay with card" at the beginning of the transaction.. the majority of which are young people.. Not sure why people do that! They know we're English speaking? And when paying with their phone, people just wave that at us!! So frustrating! Okay, rant over! 

Today! I picked up a friend who I met at a client's when I was in live-in healthcare in England. I collected her from an Airbnb near the coast in Malaga.. very lovely neighborhood! Very unspoilt.

Very California feel.. we drove first to Mijas Pueblo and had a breakfast, typical Spanish, tostada, oil and tomato.. coffees.

I took her around the gardens of Mijas, told her some memories of the walk I have there..

Then I drove us home, showed her my house and we walked down into town, had a cold drink and just enjoyed catching up..

Back up to the car and down to La Cala, parked in the feria ground and walked to the Chiringuito I usually go to, we had lunch and just carried on talking! 

Closing with a drive to the airport for her to meet up with the rest of her friends who are arriving today, and then they're all off somewhere for the week!


And when I got home a white feather on the rug! It wasn't there when we came by earlier.. But now there it lays bang in the middle of the red rug in front of the TV unit .. 

M.

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.

William James - 1842-1910 - Philosopher and Psychologist

No comments: