Monday, July 08, 2024

Saturday morning having early morning coffee in town before heading to the coast.. and had a Stephen King moment! Expected Pennywise the clown to be nearby! 

Still, I made it down to Calahonda and the beach with J. we got good beach beds in the back line.. there was a strong breeze blowing and sand in the air... looked like a desert storm!

Unbeknownst to us we were joined by a customers family, so that was nice..

We left the beds about four and walked along to Andy's Bar and found some high chairs near the stage and settled in for a good couple of hours with Zac Black and Bruno, absolutely wonderful, took a bit for me to to get up and dance, but eventually I did! 

Was an absolutely beautiful day.. over-did the sun, under-did the suntan lotion, probably not enough fluids either, but a really lovely day.. I got home about eight or half past... Needed to strip my Aloe Vera plant before I went to bed!

Every now and then I think on a pen pal I used to have, his name was Eugene Kumar, from Singapore, we wrote for about fifteen years...

As well as the many letters over the years, he also sent cards and gifts for me and the boys...

We make so many friends along our path of life, many, if we are lucky, we get to keep, forever.. 

Some pass through and then, they're gone.. they come in like the old saying goes for a reason or a season .. something like that.... To help us through our lives or us to help them through theirs...

I'm still friends with school friends, some go back to when I was only four! 

And some, like Eugene, gone, completely...

Today now, Monday, met up with a friend not seen for sixteen years! The third this year, of friends not seen for far too long. So good to see her, I used to work for her here in town, time goes too fast, always reminded of this, every day now it seems... 

And this! Figs! WoW, did not know all of this! Especially the wasp bit! 

Figs are pollinated by fig wasps, they're really a flower, grown in on itself really, and the wasp enters to pollinate, and dies inside! It is absorbed by the fig!

Still my favourite fruit! Flower??? Yes!

Only now I feel like I also enjoy eating wasps!!

M.


No comments: