Tuesday, March 04, 2014


This is for my mom, four years ago today in a couple of hours she passed...  Can't believe how fast the time has gone, in a way... how far away I am from then now too, so many changes.  Changes I still want to tell her about constantly, still wanting to phone her, to hear her voice...

The bowl above is hers, I have placed a set of lit dragonflies in amongst some dried flowers I bought today... Last week I visited the home where my mom went into for the last three weeks, the same home my step dad passed away in too... when I was in Berkhamsted I was on my way to visit one of my moms friends in Northchurch and was just drawn across the lights at Kings Road and found myself up the road where the care home is... I used to live up that road too! Who would have known eh!

There were road works and the road was closed so I had to park and walk the rest of the way, was just like four years ago as I struggled up the steep hill, I was just gong to look at the house, maybe just as far as the drive way, but again, I found myself walking straight up to the building and the receptionist waved her arm at me and buzzed the door open.... and in I went, she remembered me, not my name, but just me, came around the desk and gave me a hug... got me a cup of tea and they had just baked some cookies... so there I sat chatting, like I did before, cup of tea, biscuit... and after a while I left.  They had said there to come back anytime, and I must admit I had often thought of it, but then time went on, now I might go back again... next year...


Portrait above is on my step dad, trying to remember when he had it done... maybe in the 1980's sometime...


And in the picture above....some of his war medals and some other random medals, I think from his footballing days...


Got an idea yesterday, so having a go!  Have stuck some random pages from a book onto card and going to stencil, will buy the stencil cards tomorrow and think of what to put on them, and then frame up! [did check that although it is a very old book, its not a first edition!  Hope it wasn't a rare 3rd eh!]

TTFN
Marian

No comments: