Monday, September 07, 2020

Other life


This view taken on our way home yesterday, from the village... I was taking the photograph below... when this cloud formation looking like a dragon maybe? A horned something or other? flowing smoke, or a tongue..  from his mouth caught my eye!


Why the photograph above anyway? Because I thought it looked like someone laying down... knees bent! Lol... yes seeing lots of things out of things!! 

My pareidolia obviously on high alert for signs of all sorts! Lols..


The village, or a small part thereof... It looks hot because it was, ten degrees hotter than back here at home in Alhaurín... Said 38C so was I guess as per the norm, warmer than that in standing heat...


Lake view... absolutely stunning, and so peaceful... This village is truly like another time and place, one can forget the world, everything around us, all the bad, all the mixed up life we have these days... Almost, masks being worn on the street, a reminder of this world we're all now sharing.

And most of our visit was defiantly like a different time and place! Two visits for me far and both very surreal. This time we had water! Which was good being three of us! 

Three nights, every night at the bar until closing at one am... the first night back home afterwards... the second a fiesta at a friends house, music drinks, talking and laughing, was like a party of teen-agers.. a great evening, a broken chair, fighting over the music control, watching the night sky and the zillion stars shining down on us, all talking in a mix of español and English . we were home about 3:30am.

What made that night funnier was we arrived too early for the fiesta, so dodged the square and went home! Only to be messaged with 'where are you? And sorry we weren't home yet when you called!' so back down to the square.   Round two!

...and the third... ? Well altogether different, 

Bar first until 01:00 plus a bit more while drinks finished after doors locked, and then a small park area... small group of us, beers and benches, the lake, the dark dark sky.. conversation in español and English again, talking about jobs and where we live or have lived.. the whole time there was very strange, I was sat on the ground, and no problem with that, was comfortable, and didn't feel any after-effects yesterday morning, of either the beer or the hard surface I'd been sitting on... So all good... It actually felt like I was living some other life in some other dimension! Lols... yes okay I had had two beers and an anise... but hardly enough to make me drunk... and as that was over a six hour period? Nope, not drunk... It just felt so strange, other-worldly; don't get me wrong, I was so happy there... just being under that wide and starry sky and conversing in two languages..  Who knew!

Anyways, we were home about 4am! Jokingly I said "Couldn't keep this up, not 40 any more!!" And we eventually got to bed about half four!


Do you see the stork platforms there... 


Dog paradise! And human... just such a peaceful spot... So untouched.. A natural place, the nearby town of Martos, about twenty minutes or so... has all the shops you need, a wonderful market on a Saturday, we had to give our names and phone numbers for tracking purposes.

Great prices; and I thought our local markets were good!

Below two photographs I took in Alcaudete, we went there Friday morning for churros con chocolate! Beautiful... another mountain town, like Martos.. Can't walk downhill without knowing you have the uphill walk later on! And in that heat! wow!


Feels strange leaving the village; it attaches itself to you... or you to it! Draws you in, holds you, makes you happy, makes you relaxed, makes you want to stay... Then when you have to go it has to be torn off quickly like a plaster or it hurts more! Oh so dramatic I know!

When we left the three of us, humans, in the car.. (dogs just being dogs.. although.. maybe them also.)

We were very quiet, very melancholy I guess.. all thinking, all coming to terms with leaving!! Strange how it is.. I am sure the many people born there must feel the same though, because the young seem to return.. People still living there without having moved on like in so many of the small villages.. losing the young until the streets are empty and only the elderly remain.. 

The plaza of an evening is filled with all ages.. small toddlers to the oldest, through the age spectrum.  
 
Mmmm and on another note!

Last week or so ago?  Friend and I at local bar here in town... I asked her if she knew the song by JP Saxe, If the World was Ending... she didn't so I Googled it... and started reading the words out.. 

I'll try and explain.. I just read it out, sentence by sentence... with my right hand beating it out in the air... and the way it sounded sounded like rap! So she started with the sounds rappers make.. Oh heck this is hard to explain and you really needed to be there... it was so funny! Like an impromptu rapping session! 

So there we were in the centre of town, two seat table in the middle of a busy morning, outside the usual bar... rapping!! Oh so funny!! If you were there!!

So much I feel I have missed out here, but tired, and need to post, come down now, fog or sea mist possibly.. come through the Guadalhorce valley.. making everything damp and clammy.. time to put out my rubbish and tidy up!

TTFN
Marian


 

No comments: