Sunday, January 28, 2024

A very different view from yesterday afternoon, I had been down the coast with my friend and neighbor, tagging along for the ride.. And as we were about to turn off through a polígono and back onto the Alhaurín road, I said we were on the original Mijas pueblo road and he said he wanted to see the route...

So up we went, remember I last took it coming back from the coast a few months back?I think after a tattoo. It's a route we used to use all the time, just nice, away from the tourist run and a bit risky! 

This photograph was taken up near Mijas pueblo, the aim was the coastal view, the outcome was the tree! Well positioned, central stage and front!

'Aging is an extraordinary process whereby you become the person you always should have been.'

I really like this David Bowie quote... I like the thought, the idea, that we are just becoming..

Always becoming until... We have become!

I had a terrible night! Awake at four, so got some mint tea and turned on the tv, watched a wonderful short music documentary called The Last Repair Shop.. Wonderful... 

Then after another couple of episodes of something else I went back to sleep at seven! 

Getting very out of sync doing this, but no work today and what the heck! 

This massive spring clean I have underway is very good for my mind, and soul.. mostly.

Not so much the body, keep jumping up and moving stuff, either to charity or rubbish bags! Kind of need to relax a bit!

And my big issue with attachment makes it very difficult.. letting go of things I've had since being an adult... Am I yet an adult? If still becoming?

Letting go of my mom's things even more difficult, and my grandmothers? And great grandmothers things?? Seriously? Why do I have them? Especially needlework, buttons! Of the latter.

She had numerous children and yet, it is I who have these things that weigh heavy with me... My boys most certainly won't want them, and do I have to burden my grandchildren with them!

What a legacy! 

At last this morning I have removed the DVDs I don't watch but kept, the small game machine I don't play and kept, and the CDs.. will join the others out of the plastic and into the CD carriers!

Had about four or five unnamed DVDs, two were blank two were films, and the last, strangely was one I thought lost years ago, so was wonderful to find and poignant, it made me very happy and very sad at the same time, and also seemed a message to say, you're doing good! 

Yesterday having coffee in town with friends, at the old 'office' destination.. and why I at last sorted out the DVDs always in view every morning as I have my breakfast..

Yesterday, talking about the books I have done for Peter Maddocks, and other authors, one of the friends at the table said she has had a book in the planning stage for a while, the planning idea always in view, which I think in a way something we see every day we start to stop seeing, it becomes just a part of our lives, not something in action, as it were ...

I had some suggestions and I hope I've given her the oomph to get going on her book... I really hope so actually, because I left the table feeling so good at hopefully getting someone else to feel good about her book! 

M.

“See with a different eye, visualize with a colorful mind, manifest your thoughts with the energy within.”

Michael Bassey Johnson



No comments: