Sunday, May 27, 2012


Yesterday here in Briton Ferry, the Olympic flame came to town! Lucky for us, not every town will have this opportunity to see it!  Talking the other week I commented on the fact that I hadn't seen the Olympic flame yet... Then was told that the last time it was here, I wasn't!  And not just not in England, not anywhere yet!!



We waited a while, they were 'running' late, excuse the pun!  Lots of trucks and buses, and police all came past first, whooping the crowd into a frenzy!


We were sat on a wall of a house near the main junction in town, so wasn't too bad... Anyway, seen it now!  Probably never will again!

Bit like a strange excitement I have about the Queens Diamond Jubilee... We will never see this again, a Diamond Jubilee!  Whoever is alive now, will never witness a King or Queens 60th anniversary on the throne!  Charles won't make 60 years.... and nor will Wills, he is 30 already, and if he comes to the throne in, what 20 or 30 years? So this is a big deal...  Yes yes, I know being strange...

There was a car parked up a private driveway yesterday, I was a litter wary of it, incase someone jumped out!  Didn't even get too close, but this morning it was till there... so I got braver, going by the contents its a builders car, ladder bucket etc etc, but very strange it's still there, thinking it may have been abandoned...

Still the most wonderful weather, washed all the covers on the sofa today, all eleven of them, two separate washes and back on the sofa a couple of hours ago already!  We went down to the beach about 6pm I think took Pip for a walk among the dunes, still people in the sea...

I have prepared a tonne of boxes to take to the dump tomorrow, fed up with them, could build a house with them... Ummmm there's an idea!

I sat out in the sun earlier while my hair dried, starting reading The Magic by Rhonda Byrne...

Looks like its going to be an amazing book, I have already read and appreciated the Secret and the Power...

TTFN
Marian

No comments: