Tuesday, August 21, 2018

For all the photographs I take; like most people, my best and worse memories kept in photographic detail in my mind, my Kodak moments,  (other named brands on equal par!) flash sometimes through my mind at the best and the worse moments also!

This morning seeing something I have seen before, when I was 17, a dog in the aftermath of being hit by a car, the same spinning and heartbreaking screaming... I cried, while driving... It was awful.

Then as I drove to the coast this morning, both visions so far apart in years all but a blink apart in my memory!

I shouldn't have been in my car, I wouldn't have had to see it!

And I shouldn't, I had lent my car to my neighbor, but then my neighbor got let down, and I had the opportunity to visit friends I thought I couldn't see today, but did, but only after the above.

Funny how life is sometimes.


So I wouldn't just be home most of the day I took myself on a longish walk up to the Mirador, on the far side of town, heading up towards Laura Golf.

Seemed further than the 1.1 miles it said it was!! So yes okay, that's 2.2 miles from my starting point!

And unfortunately, my backpack looks a bit like... strange!


A view not normally seen on foot from me! And at only 10 something in the morning! I had a cold cafe con leche at the bar on my way back through town!

Then learnt I could have my car, collected it, then saw the awful thing, before heading coastward!


On my way home I popped into the garden centre and found a little serenity walking amongst the fauna and flora! Listening and watching the waterfall, and the tortugas swimming and sunbathing...

To close, a poem I purloined from Twitter, sorry I'm not sure whose it is, I didn't intend to share here!





No comments: