Sunday, August 05, 2018

The history of Pippa

Pippa, the Pipster... Pip, fur-baby...

Born in May 2005, we got this fur-ball because we were broken into.... Yes, she is a vicious little thing, kills with a lick and deafens with yelps!

We didn't want a pup, but a pup she was, and will always be a pup to me...

After a very short time she was our keeper, ruling us and the house, taking over when anyone stayed, always thought everyone who visited was only visiting to see her!


I knew when we had the devastating news, Franco's diagnosis, that Pippa would suffer the fall out, that for her her life would change forever... as for all of us, only she doesn't know why... 

She doesn't know what happened to Franco....


and is totally unaware that tomorrow she is going to leave me, leave here...

Pippa, my constant companion, when I had all my migraines, she would lay next to me on the bed, as close as she could get, she would neither eat or drink, she wouldn't go outside, she ignored all things to remain with me. I sometimes wondered what would happen to her if I never got up again, how long she would stay and wait...

I keep telling myself this is going to be better for her than a life of here or there as I go to work, backwards and forwards, not knowing when or if I am coming back or not... and I have to work, she could have a year, or two, or three maybe... but would be spending half of that time away while I work...

I have argued the decision with myself, talked to everyone I know, and those I don't! My choice has really been taken from me now... I made the decision and have to stick with it, for right or wrong.


I hope she thinks she is going to stay for a holiday... like when I am going to work, that she will think I am returning to collect her, but in the meantime she will have fun with other dogs, enjoy the company of a family....


That she will make friends and settle, I hope she misses me less than I will miss her... and in time... in time what?

I'm writing this now because I won't be able to tomorrow or the next day, or any other day, my eyes ache, my head aches, my heart what is left of it aches... and as always I bleed my life into this blog, I am now empty. And yet another ghost will walk my life here in Spain...





No comments: