Sunday, November 29, 2020

Speeding train

Fast as memories flying through my mind.

Watching my life fly past, my childhood and children's childhood.. neighborhood
I see me, little Marian Bonelli, and then in the rec little Barry and little Tony.. 



Now both with young'uns themselves.

My line, under my house.. under the concrete platform I lay on over the tunnel to watch as the trains past beneath.

The grand Union Canal, weaving along beside the A41 and the Euston line.

Old man's beard heavy on the passing, me passing, hedgerows.. 
Lots of bright winterly berries too.. going to be a bad winter, too many old wives tales, but I guess they must have come from somewhere.

Roads I know, knew, all too well.. the old A41.. following it along from Hemel Hempstead, the road up to Bovingdon.. Bourne End.. 

Then behind the terraces coming into Berkhamsted, under Gravel Path.. then whoosh.. gone the park at the bottom of the road that leads to Tesco.. the old conker trees there.. I have some still, from there, of course I do! I hear ya!

Wanted to make use of the time to follow the words I've recently heard about all the information coming into our minds when travelling and it passes straight through and out.. doesn't cling..

And it's only past hurts grief's that act like a net to stop us or make happy things sad by clinging on..

So plan of watching absorbing and letting go the journey.. turned into a net..

Once out of Milton Keynes.. where our first stop is, now.. and in our parked up pause back there I've quickly penned this.


Now parked up at last station.
I've seen..
Field of Llamas 
Fields of sheep, and cattle
Field of seagulls!

Mistletoe!?! Nope not just now, or maybe! But I meant to say with a photograph the other day, the what appears to be greenery in those trees is mistletoe.  We've seen loads while out walking, last week I exclaimed, as I do, that's mistletoe! And passing workman heard and shouted to his mate, we should grab that!

Back to journey, now.
There has been fog so thick at times can't see to the ends of the passing fields.. oh hang on, they're not passing, I am..

Trees of my step dads.. his type of tree, old and gnarled.. 

Fields burned after harvest.. felt for a moment I could smell the burnt wheat but just nose memory... Another few hectares with giant signs reading.. Growing for Wheetabix!

Pulling into Rugby.. and out again..

On my last train now, had a shortish wait in Coventry.. now here I am in Leamington Spa.. feels like only yesterday I was waiting here! 

I definitely need to stop and smell the roses, metaphorically speaking!

One person got off, and only me got on this train.. although time yet +1 

Taken some nice railway photographs.. said it before, I should have been writing down train numbers! Keeping my trainspotters anorak firmly under cover!

Later I am posting this as written, slightly list-like, but I'm writing lists and ticking boxes so it's all good.

Watched a beautiful movie yesterday, Last Christmas.. 2019. Absolutely beautiful watch it if you can.

Okay on our way! Back to Stratford upon Avon and what looks to be a very beautiful hotel.


And it is. The Mercure, very old, black and white frontage. Lots of twists and turns inside.. 

Very strange from outside, not the hotel, the whole lockdown look. It's a dark gray day, bit foggy here even in the town. And the hotel looked locked up, door closed, downstairs rooms unlit.

A sign telling people to ring the bell, which I did, and someone came to let me in, and locked up behind me.

Hotels in Lockdown, for us solitary lone workers, key workers, healthcare workers.

I checked in, and came up to my room. It's really beautiful, a humongous bed! With all the regular.. the bathroom huge too.

I dropped my things and popped out quickly for some food, unlocked for me to get back in. I signed in on the Covid19 track and trace also as requested.

Came back to my room and ate half the prepackaged food I bought; after a nice half hour and coffee finished I ran a bath, poured in the small bottle of hotel bubble bath.. I applied a mask I'd bought in Mercadona back home, and laid back listening to music eyes closed in the bubbles and hot water.. really really lovely.

Now in comfies, drinking a caramel latte mix.. I'll have a rash in the morning, but what the hey!

And posting this!

TTFN
Marian







No comments: