Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Watching Gremlins.. yeah yeah I know! Anyways.. and seeing the hi tech modern equipment.. and then fast forward to now, to real life tech and the enormous leaps we've made in the past nearly 40 years since this movie was made, can you believe it was 1984.. makes the TV tech seem so old fashioned, even when it had seemed impossible to us back then.

But, look at us now, in this Covid world, this locked in, locked out, restrictions and tests, no contact, no travel no life life we have now.

Who was better off.

I know this will pass, maybe not completely, ever... This will have changed so much for so many.

I just want to go home and can't, down to the bare bones of it I need to work for the money.

If I could go home I would right now, BA are flying, and I can go home with no test and just be home where I want to be.

But I can't.

Lols yes sound a bit stroppy, stamping my feet and throwing toys from pram.

But we all must feel we've just had enough now.

If only more people had been more careful or more caring for others.. if they hadn't just acted like this isn't a life changer.

Okay.. off my soap box.. or soup box as I called it the other day!

Just looking at figures at home and thought I'd add a little history info here.. 

Leapt from Gremlins the other day to this evening watching Notting Hill.

Family all a'bed, and I'm watching this..

Four weeks time I'll be home, fingers crossed of course. Third flight booked to get home, Covid test booked, train's and hotel prior to work, Airbnbs closed so has to be a different one to last when I paused in Stratford Upon Avon.

Looks a very old building.. so maybe full of ghosts and spooky happenings.

It's been so lovely staying here with younger son and his family.. spending quality time with the new baby.. well nearly eight month old baby. Was awful not being able to visit when she was born and then the long gap before I came back to the UK.

Now of course I miss elder son and his family so badly too, I've never not seen them for this long.

I know, and feel extremely lucky to have spent a month with them in April and lucky now to be here either side of these placements dates to be here.

Mmm photos?

I'll post one that isn't really great! Lols but has parakeets! Like the ones on the coast!


Lols spot the parakeets! There are two there, was crazy seeing three of them flying about!

TTFN

Marian

And to come back now and add a post script. I returned to Notting Hill movie, and a song began to play and instant tears fell.. how music can effect our emotions so quickly eh..

Oh the song? Ronan Keating, When you say nothing at all.



No comments: