Thursday, December 29, 2011

Well I was going to put some photos on here again today, but seem to be having problems!!

So will up load one at a time and we how we go!  Here are the steps leading back up to the road by the Kiosk bar/restaurant at the lakes... The shot I took of Baz on previous Blog was from this spot, facing out towards the water and inland beach!

Baz went home yesterday, we left mid morning, and got the car back to the rental shop, they were having a disorganised day!  There was an argument going on between the only two people in the office!  That was ;pleasant to
share with them!  It wasn't just a case of being loud, it was a real match of
wills!  One guy gave up and just left his key on the counter and the woman shouted at him for doing so!  We didn't risk it, and wanted to make sure he saw the car we were returning, we had dumped it in the car park on arrival into pandemonium!  He said, 'why did you leave it here?' I said, no one here to tell us where to leave it??  These places need good organisation skills to run smoothly, and this place needed more staff, even the gate was causing back ups on the inside, where we were, and people trying to get to return even more cars!!!

Ah hmm, ok sorry, I feel better now!  So to the left we have the water measure stick thing, totally out of the water??? Two months ago it was almost up to the lip of the dam....

Here is another shot taken from my favourite [secret] place at the lakes... those stairs, the overhang, and the curly gnarled old tree... and then view, that buena vista, actually I wouldn't mind having that as the last place I ever see...

Mmm ok, I have tried not to get too down about going to some of these places this week, they won't be the last time I ever go, just because we are moving, these places will always be there, here....


Always in my heart, always in my minds-eye, am I repeating myself at all? Forgive me if I do!

I have been thinking I have to imprint everything I do, or go, into my mind, but I don't do I!



It is all there, already imprinted, I can close my eyes and see Ronda, Mijas pueblo, the lakes, El Chorro.  I can walk through the streets in my mind and see it all as though I am there... We didn't get to Ronda, I didn't even think about going there, nor the little chapel that sits up above Mijas.  No need....

I was sad taking Barry to the airport yesterday, knowing especially, that the next time I go, will be me leaving.. ["on a jet plane... don't know when I'll be back again...."]

My stomach turns when I think about it, I am trying not to.  Trying not to think of the past, or the next day, just of each day I am in, and each moment in it!

I have recently found I absolutely love Christina Rossetti's writings... here is a beautiful one...



Christina Rossetti
Remember

REMEMBER me when I am gone away,   
Gone far away into the silent land;   
When you can no more hold me by the hand,   
Nor I half turn to go, yet turning stay.   
Remember me when no more day by day 
You tell me of our future that you plann'd:   
Only remember me; you understand   
It will be late to counsel then or pray.   
Yet if you should forget me for a while   
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave   
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,   
Better by far you should forget and smile   
Than that you should remember and be sad. 
 
TTFN
Marian
 
 



No comments: