Wednesday, January 04, 2023

 


I bought a hat! Needs pimping.. will do that now! 

From last night:
I wanted to write my Blog this evening on my laptop... seems the B  isnt working, so will have to add that from my phone!! Terrific!! She says sarcastically!! 

Ive pulled off the key pad for the B but nothing changed!! The pad beneath is fixed tightly and not moving a bit!

Today went to the warehouse for work, and chatting to my colleague on the  way and way back... interesting conversation, the sort I almost have on my own actually, especailly the life and death conversations...

For instance as I pulled out, suddenly and quickly from a side road we had een waiting for sometime, the thought crossed my mind, had we actually made the turn or had the truck struck us.. and if we hadn't would our minds still think we had... 

And reading a piece from an online item, and Sophia's ideas about death only the day before.. 

Okay can't do anymore on here... what with the key just skating around on the keyboard now as I've destroyed it in my 'fix it' or break it! mode!

Back to today! And the article.. 

Copying and pasting here.. hoping I am not infringing on anyone, anything!! 

©Sophia Dembling

Widow's Walk

GRIEF

Grief and the Passage of Time

Personal Perspective: Time brings healing, but also heartbreak.

Posted December 29, 2022 Reviewed by Tyler Woods

KEY POINTS 

• In grief, we must come to terms with leaving our loved ones behind in time.

• The passage of time is necessary for healing, but at the same time can be painful.

• Some physicists suggest that time is an illusion -a controversial but soothing theory.

The power of time has its limits

Admittedly, this is still cold comfort to me. I wish Tom were here, next to me, passing the time with me, aging alongside me, moving into the future with me. But whatever we be- lieve about time, two facts are indisputable: One is that our loved ones are no more or less gone today than they were the day they died. And the other is that no matter how much time passes, we will not forget them. Days, weeks, months, years, decades, can elapse, and the person we loved and lost will remain in our hearts, no closer or farther away than they were the moment they drew their last breath. Our memories, love, and connection did not die with them. Those are within us and will be for as long as we live. No length of time can erase our loved ones from our hearts; time doesn't have that power.

The distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

In physics, there is a theory called the "block universe," which posits that time is merely a construction mankind created to make order of our universe and that, in reality, past, present, and future all exist simultaneously. Some physicists vehemently dispute this the- ory, but that it not my battle to wage. I don't pretend to understand the physics behind it -that's way above my pay grade and intellectual capacity-but it is a soothing thought, isn't it? Perhaps we are not moving away from each other in time but living together in this block universe, simply out of sight of each other.

A piece of missed out and can't find it now.. but hope it still makes sense.

M

No comments: