Saturday, January 07, 2023

Well of course strange things always happen don't they? And I know not just to me.

Watching a bit of a horror movie just now and Tarot cards in the movie, Jessabelle it's called.. seen it before a while ago I guess.. anyway, I digress as usual.. 

Grabbed my cards and did a short reading, but a card fell out and it was the one above.. 

Bizarre, as it's the Chinese year of Rabbit which begins this year, isn't it? Of all the cards to fall out.. 

So I am guessing means something especially for me this year..

'It is even considered auspicious to start a family in 2023. Above all, though, the Year of the Rabbit is predicted to be a year of hope, largely because the rabbit is associated with peace, prosperity and longevity in Asia.'

Is a little of what I read.. well, maybe I won't be starting a family!!! But the rest reads well... 

I get info about comets and meteorites.. I love staring skywards at night.. 

This appeared today.. 

'Comet Hale-Bopp, whose long orbit brought it close to Earth during the heydey of ancient Athens and Sparta, and again in 1997 (the heyday of the Spice Girls and the Backstreet Boys). Hale-Bopp won’t visit the inner Solar System again for another 2,373 years.'

I remember so vividly looking out the back door of the house my son's and I lived in near the old Rex cinema in Berkhamsted.. and seeing the comet.. 

So much has happened since then yet still feels like yesterday...

After work on the 5th I brought two work friends home with me, we went into town, had a really great evening.. we walked along with the camels.. and got hit by high velocity sweets! Sparing with children and adults all trying to catch them! And got covered with confetti!



We had a curry, then a drink in a bar on the way home, changed into our comfies and had a few shots watching three movies...or two movies? One twice! 

We talked and laughed and talked some more.. said goodnight about half past two.. 

Got up late and carried on talking.. we then walked into town for lunch, or brunch? Back up to the house and I drove them back to the coast and their respective homes.. 

Made a really lovely change from the normal, and getting out to see the Three Kings.. was good. Very good.

M.


No comments: