Saturday, May 09, 2020

VE day. 75 years ago today.


Sorry! Started yesterday but time and whatsit wait for no one!!

Above Birmingham Moor Street station on my way here... Eleven something in the morning on a Thursday..

Bodmin New Street two of us left by way of the Moor Street doors... There was just me on the carriage from Derby to Birmingham.. and only two of us got off at the last stop on my last train coming into the tourist destination of Stratford Upon Avon!


I'm in a small hamlet where I have been before, I did a ten weeks placement of ten weeks here, three years in September..


Very different at this time of the year of course, and at this time of lockdown 2020...

There was a street party of sorts here yesterday, we stopped briefly to join in songs and a radio report from 75 years ago by Winston Churchill, and in the evening sat outside on the kerb, in chairs.. a pizza oven cooking on the small green, and music playing on an old windup record player.. 

Very convivial, was good fun..


Not the greatest photograph of the bunting, but I wanted the milk float in the picture.. as it's makes it seem so much more old school!

There were a couple singing 1940's songs in the village yesterday, and as I walked around people were were getting tables and chairs out in their front gardens in preparation all around the village, looked very Miss Marple!! 

I'm enjoying a walk here every day.. walks I never got to do last time, felt a bit like coming home as we pulled into the road off the main road...


If I'd known I'd be ... Ummm trapped? in England for so long, I'd have brought my proper camera!


Along with clothes for spring.. or summer!!


My three t-shirts are getting holy already!!


TTFN
Marian




No comments: