Monday, May 29, 2023


Time flies.. as always, Saturday took friends to a tattoo place I use in Fuengirola, Art Monkey, two tattoos later, they're both very pleased with their new ink!  And we headed to the paseo and had a cool drink, went to a bar I've never been to before, it looks recently updated, and maybe I have, a long long time ago..

Time has a habit of running away without us if we don't keep an eye on it! 

We had a bite of lunch at Luis Bar, where I have been going since '89, and also very changed, not sure in a good way though..  then we went to the Sky Bar.. definitely never been there.. it's in the hotel that faces the statue of the woman whose back is to the med.. near Luis Bar..  I say in, the bar is on the rooftop, like at the TWA hotel at JFK.. similar but not the same.. 

Was wonderful up there, sat on sofas, and under a shade, good friends and conversation, the warm sun and a little breeze.. very very nice..

Above and below La Cala de Mijas on Sunday..

Sunday I drove down to La Cala, sat on the beach, then along onto a sunbed, had a bite of lunch.. sea breeze was wonderful, but then I could see dark battleship gray clouds approaching from homeward direction and decided to head home, saw my neighbor and had a coffee with him, before it started to rain, which it did so we had another coffee!! 

Today a coffee up this end of town, before a walk down to town, and, more coffee! 


I've had a bad day on Facebook, shared way too many soppy poems and saved even more in my 'to keep' list..

Sometimes we have days like that, they weigh heavy for whatever reason.

M.

No comments: