Friday, May 05, 2023


Today I had another tattoo, the itch for ink is strong ... Well, can't find a Darth Vader emoji! And may the forth was yesterday, so a tad too late for Star Wars humor me thinks!

Well, I randomly, as I am, picked up a book off the shelf... It was my mom's Grimm's Fairy Tales, and it opened at a bookmark, of mine! The piece of paper above.. which is directions of how to use the tattoo cream it came with! 

Very strange! Of course! 


Next also random, picked up this book below of my mom's.. 

Thought I'd post the writing my grandfather's godfather, Mr G Daniel.. 1894.. had written on the inner page .. almost 130 years ago.. crazy isn't it.. my family have always written in books, to whom and when, and why... And to see the history like this is a beautiful keepsake..


My mom loved the same authors as her father.. and she read them to me.. wonderful stories, I guess my favourite of his is 'Ayesha, the return of She'


And me leaving Art Monkey Tattoo today! All wrapped up! 


This above is a rubbish photograph, but I was sat reading on the terrace and one of black bees came a buzzing around, he started on the sweet peas then came down to these Heart leaf ice plant flowers! Aptenia cordifolia is the Latin name.. 

And no, until this very moment I had no idea of the name of this plant I have been keeping alive in most parts of the wall behind the house and here and there on the terrace, for eighteen years! 

Then the bee came buzzing over me, I just dipped my head down into my book, then he flew off and over to the geraniums etc on the other side and back around again, and again.. quite a busy little bee! Well no, not so little... And while I'm rambling it was the color I wanted to try to show you, but wasn't easy with his speed, I have always thought of them as black.. but he's really the most beautiful dark purple.. gorgeous!

I know I handle British bees, letting them walk on my fingers and hands, and even touch the soft velvet of their little yellow and black bodies.. but not sure about these.. maybe I could try?? Am I a true bee whisperer!  

M. 

No comments: