Tuesday, April 09, 2024

Above the calima Sunday down in Los Boliches.. the skies turn apocalyptic when full of sand.. always strange always amazing!

I was meeting up with friends, a school friend who I've been friends with since we were eleven! I hadn't seen them for years, can't remember when, I'm sure before I moved out here?

Was so good to spend time with them, was emotional actually, more than I realized, I felt like they were home, a part of my old home come to visit, and felt good.

We talked about other school friends and what's been happening and when and where... I told them about a coincidence meeting someone here who had lived in Berkhamstead, and whose two children were at school with ours, that I'd met him in a tiny pueblo two and a half hours away from here in Alhaurín, and whose number count is five hundred, and the weird coincidence of it, that I'd only met him and his partner because I'd visited a friend's house there..

When I said his name, they knew him! Crazy!! 

This afternoon I was watching a channel 5 series about the Fox, that time, 1984, was such a scary time, he was based in the Leighton Buzzard and surrounding areas, but we were half an hour away and I felt he was too close for comfort.

Through family links, police in the family, we had some inside information about what the man was doing, that made it so much worse, information that hadn't reached the papers or general public... At that time.

'The Intruder, he's watching you from Within' is the name of the series, I have to admit, its got my heart rate up recalling this awful time!

Had a good day today, went into town early to have coffee with an early bird friend at 8am, then chatted with a friend in her shop until other friends arrived at ten... Stayed an hour or more, but got so tired! I came home and napped! Because I could! 

I missed a call while I napped, and saw it was from an English number, I checked the answer phone as they'd left a message! 

Someone else I haven't seen for years! Not so long though, seven years.. meeting them for coffee mañana, added to my neighbor from when I lived down near El Zoco, that came in the store last week and hadn't seen her since well before covid it's turning into a crazy old week for sure!

M.


No comments: