Monday, April 15, 2024



Random photographs from Porthcawl January 1st 2014, was looking at Pipster photographs and these came up and not so sad memories...

Now! What has been afoot! 

Wednesday I met up with a couple who I met whilst working in England, it was an end of life placement and I was there for about ten days only, I've always remembered that client, it was August 2017 and I used to check on her whenever I woke up, which for me is a lot! But I'd go in, I wanted her to know she wasn't alone..

Anyways! So I was already moved into my temporary location near La Cala, and cat sitting for friends, I drove down to the coast and met the couple in a holiday resort, I parked and walking to the bar a man coming towards me said 'Marian' surprizing me! He recognized me from nearly seven years ago! 

We went and sat down with his wife and we spent the next nearly three hours catching up! 

We had lunch and a couple of cold drinks, was lovely, I had forgotten my sunblock, and came away with a red nose and left arm! 

But I'd been so busy getting my stuff together and getting down to my new place! I'd forgotten to put any on! I'm really wary now of getting my face burnt, my pointy nose primarily! And I've noticed so many sun spots now..

A little too late maybe, but, better late than never I am thinking!

So distressed as usual!

Their cat is so beautiful, she's so loving, she never left me alone for a minute, cuddling up on the sofa, sleeping with me, following me about the house...

I'd forgotten how it is with a cat... But the Pipster was the same... She also never left my side...

Okay! 

Leaving that subject quickly, hastily running backwards from old memories! 

I worked two days while I was staying down on the coast, was nice only having a five minute commute that's for sure! 

And getting home so quickly, so early, I got dinner ready, showered and dinner eaten and relaxing about an hour ahead of normal time, which makes so much difference in feeling so tired after work.

I came back home yesterday, Sunday, and straight away missed the fur-baby.. 

While I was there one of my dreams had chopsticks heavily featured, strange really! I don't generally use them!

Doctor Google says:

'Chopsticks

To dream of chopsticks signifies that you are setting forth in pursuing your goals. You will resolve any current difficulties with satisfaction, through persistence and correct behavior.

If the chopsticks were damaged, you may expect to make a long journey, or to see old friends soon'

I don't remember them being damaged? But I have seen some old friends recently, three in a week! Which is very strange!

And a journey is planned!

Today nice and easy, town and coffee with good friends, bought a few bits and home!

The top part of my dresser went this afternoon, I noticed a sticker on the back, and a date! 

Made by Broyhill, an American furniture company, now no longer in business, and this piece was made January 1980... 

I never knew any of this, for the past nine years of owning it, we bought it for €70 from La Trocha car boot, and it is actually, was, actually worth some money!

Not now though, the people who took half and never even bothered to come back for the top half, keeping the glass shelves they'd taken! 

And the beautiful top section has gone to the dump!

My stepfather would be turning in his grave! If he was in one! 

M.

"Only put off until tomorrow that you are willing to die having left undone."

Pablo Picasso

No comments: