Tuesday, December 25, 2018



Well that almost week has gone very quickly...

I made some notes on the train from Shrewsbury to Birmingham...

Lets see what they were!

Deer - Yes, I saw deer running near the tracks and back into a forest, beautiful moment, a small herd of them...
Sheep - Yes plenty of these! and some cows, but mostly sheep!
Men with guns - This was an odd sight! Suddenly there were three or four guys standing in a field with shotguns drawn pointing skyward!! Not sure if they were clay pigeon shooting or aiming for real birds!
Field of pheasants - And within a few minutes and only about three fields along was what was quite literally a field full of pheasants!!!  Dozens of them, some close to the tracks and flying off low to the ground to get away from the carriage! Male and female... so many of them I couldn't count them... but they should be counting themselves lucky the guys with guns were not in the same field!!!
Tree carving - This was stunning! A tree still standing, but all branches cut from it, and the trunk had been carved beautifully, almost looked like a totem pole.
Sunshine - A beautiful afternoon the sun shone from the moment I left work, standing on the platform awaiting the train, the last time I will flag a train down probably... the last time I stood there, much more was well with the world... and the world I am in now is very changed...
Rivers - I passed along and over many rivers... so many small streams winding their way around the fields and through the forests.
Waterfalls - Beautiful, after some rain the rivers and falls full of rushing water, so pretty in the sunshine.
Brown earth - Not sure why I wrote this?? There had been some fields prepared I guess for spring, left bare and brown, and richly colored.
Colors of autumn - Lots of leaves on trees still... and now its winter isn't it! Still so many leaves to fall.
Watercolor skies.. - Yes an artists pallet across the skies... so many times I see landscapes my step dad could have, would have painted.

And after the train, I got lost, or just confused, at Birmingham International station, thinking it was the airport I couldn't understand why I couldn't find the hotel!! So after getting un-confused I found the airport and the hotel! Once I could actually get back out of the airport!! Signs saying where to go to fly... but to actually exit!! I didn't see a single one!!

I ate dinner in the hotel, although it was an Ibis basic, it had a wonderful restaurant which they don't normally have, maybe because its at the airport... and a coffee room close to mine, except no caffine coffee!!! Don't know what that was all about!!!

I left lots of bottles of stuff in the room in the morning and weighed my case in the airport, it was still 2.5k over the limit so had to dump all the rest!! And a pair of shoes!!! OMG!!! Lol.. oh well hey ho!!

Good flight home, got my car... bought groceries in Lidl on my way through and then I was home!

I got the tree up, got more shopping and wood for the fire yesterday...

And today, Christmas Day, has nearly passed. Watched movies, made lunch, a glass of wine, a couple of shots of something similar to Bailys... some time of the VR... Lots of calls and messages from friends and family...

And I am done.  Too tired to re-read so E&OE blah blah



No comments: