Saturday, May 25, 2019

Yesterday afternoon I came up onto the terrace after watching the movie... bit of sun cream... because we all should! Factor 30 for me... even more need to protect my skin than ever.

After a while I got tired reading, although my head was in the shade... of the washing drying on the line... it was hot hot hot!

So I drank my glass of water, slung up my hammock and got comfortable, in the shade... the beautiful breeze keeping me gently moving and I closed my eyes... drifted off for a moment listening to the birdsong... the occasional motorbike in the distance... and nothing much more, no voices, no cars on the street... nothing..

I was thinking how we are all on a road... we're not driving... its like being upstairs, up front, on the 312 from Berkhamsted to Hemel Hempstead... the big old double-decker bus... You couldn't see the driver, you couldn't see who boarded or left at any time, all you could do was sit, watch the road, and the bus took us.

Life is like that, you're headed down a road, there may be twists and turns, maybe you can see them as you approach, but that's it... you don't own the choices all the time, even if you think you do.

Life takes it away...

May 25, Saturday

I came down after what felt like a couple of hours, not having my phones with me, totally unaware of the time... and not minding one little bit!


Last night I had trouble negotiating this route with the hundreds of people flooding this street and all along the lower road... Looks so calm here at ten this morning! Apart from plastic glasses, some bottles and wet places along the way!!

Meeting my friend at a tapas bar... but we didn't stop there, too busy... correction, waaaayy to busy! So we walked along and up past the Cruz roundabout to a bar much further up the street.  Sitting outside in the beautiful warm evening, watching the world go by... which included women dressed in the very best flamenco dresses... beautiful colors and designs... everything perfect, their hair, make-up... Stunning!  The guys on their horses... sat on the front seats guiding the well dressed horses along c/Gerard Brennan, their passengers wearing the beautiful flamenco dresses or smart suits for the men...

Another couple of friends joined us about ten'ish I think... and I got a lift to the roundabout nearer my house, and only had to walk back down, instead of a long haul up to it! Got home about half eleven, so not too bad... I watched some TV, ate ice-cream and got to bed about half twelve..


Today I was awoken by birdsong at six am! They let me sleep for another hour but I was up and ready for the day by then!

The pretty pom poms on this shop window are actually for voting here tomorrow, the European election... I better read the stuff tonight and be ready to see who I am voting for tomorrow!!

Had coffee in town early this morning, back out this afternoon for more feria fun!

TTFN
Marian





No comments: