Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Breakfast at Tiffanys... (Nigels)



Yesterday a trip down to Torremolinos and breakfast at the Tudor Rose... taking a friend who hadn't been down there for a long time and was one of his places he liked to go...

I had had my breakfast already... of course! So by about 10:30... still not really hungry, but I managed to force down a very tasty salon and scrambled egg with a slice of toast and lashings of butter... also coffee'd out, I had a pot of tea to accompany the above!

Its a nice spot just here... there... and I nip down through the countryside to get to Torremolinos and parked immediately and immediately is the Tudor Rose! Perfect!


One of the last pull flush toilets that I know of! And is a running joke I am only there to pull Nigel's chain! Well, maybe so, but also for the always good food and friendly service... always a good visit.

We had a short walk along the paseo maritimo before heading back to Alhaurín and my friends car...

This morning after town I set to with what I thought was quite a bad bit of paint flaking going on, maybe a bit of what was caused by the winter and rain and not enough fresh air... I bought a plastic sheet for the next project a pair of sturdy gloves and a wire thingy... technical term! But turned out the flaking paint was as bad as I thought and it took only a few minutes to clear off the powdery stuff and rub it back to cement or plaster ... Spanish houses!  I'll get a primer tomorrow and paint next week!

Downstairs was, is, a bigger project, and I nearly thought to leave it until tomorrow, but I made a start, putting the big plastic sheet down.. 4 x 5 metres... I started pulling down the loose plaster on the ceiling beneath the bathroom... from the damage caused by the bath leaking... about two and half years ago now I am guessing... the paint on the ceiling beneath the plaster is smurf blue... dry is bad enough, when it was wet and dripping blue it wasn't funny at the time.. but was... it is a memory stuck in a bubble... of utter 'what else' and blue hair from the dripping paint... humour in sight of devastation...

Humour when all else is lost... the human condition? Yes, that is it... the human condition...

So I stood on the floor and using the skylight window opener... lol... yes, I am very inventive! I started hooking the obviously loose patches of plaster off, revealing more and more smurf blue!  It was awkward to say the least... so I used a chair... then climbed up the stairs... to releave the pain in my neck.. already!!! Not good enough once I'd got the extra loose stuff off... So I got the ladder... and had to climb to the top to actually reach the ceiling.. being vertically challenged as I am!

I used a thing, for putting on filler and scrapped a great deal more off, but... I stopped because I am always telling people to use masks and goggles in this type of situation and that would be typical if I got some in my eyes, I also am not sure how old the paint is and if its lead based.. more than likely.  So tomorrow, mask and goggles before I finish it off!

And now I am trying to not get into my VR just yet...

Its too hot already for me on the terrace to sit and read; I really need a big tree up there... So maybe something else to do..


TTFN
Marian


song Rosanna... by Toto, because? Just because... I started singing it for no apparent reason.. so thought it best I pass it on here!


No comments: