Wednesday, May 29, 2019


Right! I have taken a break... From what?

I'm not sure its escalated out of control and its not quite 3pm!

Firstly I came back from Coín with masks and goggles! etc etc...

I got straight to it, it being the areas of wall I had cleared in the living room, I skimmed over the bare patches with a flexible filler product, it went on mostly okay, so will leave it alone now and paint it over in a few days time.

I then went downstairs and on with the ceiling! I got up on the top of the ladder ☹ Bit wobbly what with having left the rug down... Lol.... but it was okay enough! I was still using the small plastic spreader to dislodge the loose plaster and blue flaky paint.


At some point I realized I just couldn't do the job properly with the little scraper thingy, so thought to look in the cave... by way of the terrace... my goggles were already sweated and steamed up and I was having trouble breathing through the paper mask! Nightmareishly funny!

In the bizarre I had a bit of a light-bulb moment, and for three euros thought, hoped, it would be worth the risk... I bought a shower curtain, to use as a curtain for up on the terrace.. Since the original material that we had came down a long time ago, its been one thing after another, and the last 'other' tore.

So I got the cheap curtain, went up onto the terrace, hooked the plastic rings that came with it, into place and stood, shakily... again! Hooked the rings over the bar that still seems firmly in place... and ta da! Excellent! Perfect... only took fourteen years to come up with this bright idea!  The other ideas, by the way, were all good at the time! Lol...


So, after hanging the curtain, I thought I'd sweep down the stairs and the terrace, tidy up a bit.. Great all good!

Then into the cave!! First I checked the little drawer I have in the kitchen.. its.. it was... under a unit and holding little bits and pieces for quick access.. screwdrivers, glue gun few nails and plugs.. glue.. other bits and pieces as they came and stayed!

I pulled the whole drawer out and saw it had been eaten in the corner, the whole corner chewed a way, so either a woodlouse or maybe ants?

(Turned on the oven.)

I emptied it all out on the floor and mopped under the unit to clear away and debris.

(Put in leftover half of a quiche I made yesterday.)

I thought I better get something else for these bits and pieces, in the cave (at last), so started looking for something in there, but started finding damp stuff, electrical cables that really shouldn't have been in there, other bits and pieces.. I have now filled two bin bags full of crapola!

There is so much more but I'm not dressed for the cave, not really dressed for DIY period!

I came out had a bit of a wash!! And have eaten the quiche!

Having a bad after lunch desert now...


The biggest bag on Spanish smarties ever made! Maybe...

Oh and yes! I found a much bigger, much better, built for purpose scraper to get more of the ceiling off, later!

TTFN
Marian




No comments: